new life for MF362 cab

often see these little chaps with no roof , lost years ago probably , so i have converted one to be a low profile roof version , ideal for the dairy farmer , & a new look for the model :)

mf362cabconversionpa5.jpg

cab apart with glass still intact

mf362cabconversion1yz1.jpg

cut the center of the roof out ,so the edges  just stands proud of the glass roof

mf362cabconversion2el2.jpg

looks a bit like this, some fine sandpaper is used to get it all level

mf362cabconversion3nc2.jpg

a replacement roof was cut from an old cassete case

mf362cabconversion4ez2.jpg

glued into place

mf362cabconversion5ny3.jpg

painted with plastikote smoke gray

mf362cabconversion6sl8.jpg

leave to dry & then fit to tractor

mf362cabconversion7jz0.jpg

another view

mf362cabconversion8yi2.jpg

alongsde another 362 with original fitted cab

mf362fleetna3.jpg

300 series fleet pic

SPOT ON Marcus....  :o - What a fantastic idea mate... I can't believe that nobody has thought of it before now... hats off to you...

All the 300 series were available with the low profile cab I think... you would "straddle the gearbox" as apose to a platform hi-line cab... What a great way to "rescue" these little tractors and make them new again...

11/10  :o

good convo there macus makes the bonnets look bigger in my eyes  :-\

nice little line up you have there to  :)

do you think so rich ? didn't take much notice really , not a bad little tractor i must admit , also had the 3 6180's out , but will have to update the massey pics soon anyway, ever changing line up

Looks good sir,

I have a cab with the roof missing as well.

If you look at the early 300 series with the red roof and black cab, the shape of the roof is fairly similar to the Britains 362 cab minus the roof. The roof line of the early 300 series sits inside the line of the cab walls and sweeps backwards slightly. a Bit of filler and filling should get the Britains cab close to the shape of an early 300

Isn't thast just THE BEST idea anyone on here has ever had Ryk... They transform that little tractor into something REALLY special..

Marcus... would they fit a 135 as well mate  ???

would be a bit big for a 135 marky but may suit it better if it was a 185 like seans done , the centers would need sleeveing to fit the 135 axle as well

not far off will , same tyres but from an old britains redland loader

Shame.... I would love a 135 with those tyres... what about the Siku Grey Fergie Marcus... same story I guess mate  ???

far too big mate . but i may have an alternative  ;)  i just need a 135 though :-\

I came, I saw, I liked it!! Nice little bit of work mate, you seem to be quite good at doing the little bits often other forget. The industrial, now the low pro roof. . Nice.

You grow it, we mow it!!  :D