Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the weather was good enough to have mowed some more off to pick up this afternoon really but the next farmer didn't want us to satrt, then have to sheet the clamp for a few days and then go again leter on. Still, his grass I guess  :(

I have been in the 8340 and the 8360 half and half so far, just depends on the length of the run between clamp and field and weather the other chap, an uncle, is about to drive. When we get a longer run I jump in the 60 and he comes up to drive the 40 on the rake.

Yeah Graham, been a fast turning year alright to think this was my first proper job as self amployed just 12 months ago!!  :o Cheers buddy  :)

In behind the Volvo truck dealer at Witchford??? Just to the west of Ely.

think i know where you mean, off the roundabout, big yard adjacent to the main road :-\

sniff sniff, I think I can smell that grass, those pictures are great Tris, really capture the moment and the "feel" of the job :)

8340 looks nice, I prefer the look of them to the 60's/TM's ;)

Thanks everyone, if you want to see them properly just go over to Photobucket and search for Deere-est. The album is Silage 2008 England or something like that.

Yeah it is a good fleet alright, nothing too big, nothing too fancey, no need to be racing round like maniacs. It just goes 'well' if you know what I mean. We don't push or rant, we just tick on and get the job done.

The fleet is a mix of owners really. The business name which does the work is Mathews & Jefferies. They are brother in-laws though Derek Jefferies marrying Richard Mathews' sister.

There are three or four guys who each put in a tractor or two and then drive different bits of kit. Derek and Richard are due to retire at the end of this year. .. so I am whatching this space with keen interest. Another brother Bill Mathews (former partner, now on payroll) and his son Peter are going to carry on what they want to keep then pass out what they don't want to do or keep. Peter is a college friend and that my lovers, is how we all know eachother!!  ::):)

think i know where you mean, off the roundabout, big yard adjacent to the main road :-\

Thats a big 10-4 mate, you got it  ;)

Very nice pictures Tris Swadro, the Claas choppers still look the best, what plate was she on?

Feels good to be on the silage eh?  :P

She is on a P Luke so she's an oldun. Was owned by a guy who used to contract himself and also hire them out, had 15 or so altogether. This oneis chipped to an 860 so the dealers say. You ought to see her smoke when Pete puts her in gear, I'll try and get a photo/video of it.

Here are some more photos from the yesterday  :)

Firstly, this farmer does his won clamp with a 600hr JCB 310 loader. We wish he didn't!! While it looks the business and I am sure it lifts well, it wouldn't push a granny off a cliff!! He also has his TL90 on rolling duties.

Silage2008003.jpg

Silage2008004.jpg

Pete 'Letting Her 'Avit!!'

Silage2008006.jpg

TM155 loading and coming towards me pretty quick!!

Silage2008007.jpg

Back the other way.

Silage2008008.jpg

Archived