Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Some are genuine, others are Sparex and others are pattern parts from foreign suppliers Sean. My mate did tell me their parts bill from AGCO alone and it is frightening. They did get offered the 10+ Parts dealership but are more than happy doing what they do.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice pics as usuall tris  been a while since i seen a howards lorry about , i must try harder !

Any idea what the likes of that 698 would cost Tris?

A 699 4wd done up like that would be great  8)

i dare say the hardest part about a refurbed 600 series tractor colm would be finding a half decent  one to start with !

http://www.howardandsons.co.uk/massey_ferguson.php?pageid=161&Pagetitle=Massey+Ferguson+600+series

http://www.howardandsons.co.uk/g_page.php?pageid=27&Pagetitle=Massey+Ferguson+Tractors

nice pictures as usuall tris  been a while since i seen a howards lorry about , i must try harder !

i dare say the hardest part about a refurbed 600 series tractor colm would be finding a half decent  one to start with !

http://www.howardandsons.co.uk/massey_ferguson.php?pageid=161&Pagetitle=Massey+Ferguson+600+series

http://www.howardandsons.co.uk/g_page.php?pageid=27&Pagetitle=Massey+Ferguson+Tractors

The cab would be the hardest Marcus. Most are rusted through at this stage.

there must be a good busness in all that refurb ,

do they have tractors to order i.e if i wanted to buy a

fully refurb tractor they must have a guide price and

look you are getting a very new tractor i mean wow

they seem to be knocking them out in the droves

the only thing that concerns me is allot of them are going

out of the country

If i won the euro millions i would buy a few hundred acres and

buy ummmm 12 refurb classics like that imagine a fleet of em on ur farm

it would be sweet

do they come with the same warrenty as if they where new

love to see a fleet of case DBs all done like that

I have to admit, any price or come back concerns isn't my forte, I get told what I am picking up and where and that is my job. All I know that there are levels of refurbishment depending on your budget and of course how much the shipping is going to be for a machine. Top whack and you get tyres, paint, full engine, gearbox and back end rebuild, hydraulic pressure test, dyno testing and wearing in and after that you can still ask for more by preference like work lights, new cab cladding and so on. To be honest, the only old thing about them is the castings and if they have them, cabs. After that there is not a lot of original parts left on them. A lot of them are export as that is what the market dictates for them. They arn't being pushed abroad to get rid of them, they are being sought by foreign buyers.

I forget what the turnover of tractors a year is but I know it's way into three figures!! It is a shame from a point of nostalgia to see so many classics leaving the shores but then is a classic something available in large numbers? Probably not. Tractors like 590's and 6610's and so on were some of the first massively produced tractors and it's only the really spot on original ones which are going to be classics. The rest are having a second innings working the land or being left to rot even further beyond repair in hedgerows up and down the country.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Erik, I love being back on the road again and it is nice to be moving machinery around too. Something I have always wanted to do. It is also nice that it is not all week, every week. It keeps it special doing it part-time  :)

More photos?

A load of hay to Lampeter in Wales.

post-227-132639546146_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639546188_thumb.jpg

hubba hubba ......Mr Tristan.... ;D    mr tristan ........ ;D        we need you to get lost in my direction ahem and when you wake up in the morning  your load has mysteriously disappeared into the west and into valinor ;D      am sure you can swing that..............oh and robbo      :police:            isnt listening

Well, not only that, tractors nowadays do the work of two or more of these old girls so they are not even out there in their droves to start with. Fords do come this way too but not in the same numbers as the MF's as it is the latter which is the speciality for these chaps.

Thanks Erik, more pictures to come but forget to get todays load, MF 290 Turbo, a generator and a Bettison 2.4m drill. ::)

265 was going overseas via another exporter, Mark. A chap who has done business with Howards for years. He doesn't get to involved with the work involved in getting these Masseys to this standard but supplies them to his own customers via Howards.

Archived