Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Update time!

After piggy backing the rigid down to a layby near Redruth, the two of us went off with the rigid to load up a 5f conventional plough, a hedge trimmer and a very very tidy 7840 SL. This place was just north of Penzance near the Chysauster Ancient Village. It was a tight place to get into and even harder to get out of!! I was dropped off back with the artic and I went on to pick up a Zetor on a '98 plate, a very well rotted out 575 and a 165 with a Farmhand F11 loader which was on a farm overlooking Boscastle.... what a pretty place and what a view to wake up to in the mornings. Not me though, I kipped out that night on the A30  ::)

Anyway, the rigid load.

Any time not spent on the road has been spent in this old girl working my around the grass with the chain harrows.

post-227-132639686503_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639686532_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639686554_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639686562_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some nice stripes from chain harrowing and a little friend I caught - thankfully having missed it with the harrows. It is of course my model farm namesake.. ...  A Leveret!!!!!  :-*:)

post-227-132639686593_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639686604_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639686613_thumb.jpg

MF595 ready to bring the baler off at Tilbury docks, quite a tight fit on the width made with no room for error. Incase of error I had to railway sleepers with me which I laid one behind the other under the pick-up. If a wheel does slip, you make sure it is the right hand wheel, that way it falls on the sleepers which act as skids and you can still slide the baler off. 595 wasn't such a bad old bus, off to Kenya for her. The Mitsubishi and the baler went to Nairobi.

post-227-132639686629_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639686633_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263968664_thumb.jpg

After a hold up at the docks for the second time in the last two visits  >:( I headed up to Sutton as usual but instead of going in o Cheffins..... I instead picked this up. An '06 Bateman RB55 with 37m booms! A neighbour of the Howards bought it through a dealer but it was on the farm still for me to collect. A 6500ac farm no less, with 2000ac of potatoes producing 35,000t .. .... which all leave the farm in 25kg bags!!!!  :of

They have three of these Batemans, two being replace by one new Challenger and third one by a Unimog with precision fertiliser applicator.

Before loading.

Parked up at Reading Wed night.

Reading Thurs morning.

Leaving Reading.

post-227-132639686652_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639686669_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639686677_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639686686_thumb.jpg

So, guess the hours then. ...

no

i'm more interested in the 298  :)  looks in fine fettle tris ,no rot or dinks, is she a good one or a friday afternoon job ? ive driven good & bad & always thought that super cab was a half decent place to work in , well better than the GKN sankey cabs fitted to the other 200 series that were fitted ,  & yes i still keep an eye out on the road for you good buddy  ;)

very nice 298 there mate, as marcus said ,great cabs to work in, always seems so spacious compaired to the 600 cabs we had at the same time

as for boscastle, its a lovely neck of the woods down that way ,great views from the top of the hill overlooking it, have a feeling i may know what farm your talking about to, i spent a few days working down there last year and i am sure i saw a old 165 farmhand rig there on a farm near to us

Panel wise Marcus yes she is straight. However, it's been hand painted and badly at that! The steering is shot and it has a barn door bolt for a door latch on the off side. I have quietened it's rattling with a rag! It's an ok cab, not a patch on the 600's though Sean. Oh and the seat was made for a woman I think, barely enough base for my butt which makes for an uncomfortable seating position. No. The 7840 is preferred!!

Driving the 298 on the chain harrows whenever I finish with the lorry or have an hour spare after finishing at the log yard, Sean. Try and keep chipping away at the acres as and when I can. As for the Ford, spot on. 13,500hrs is on the clock.  :) You'd not know it though, tidy inside and out. It's only the tyres showing any where. Stored inside all it's life.

Up at the wood yard we have a K plater on winter hire to run the small processor and it has half the hours on and it looks a lot worse than the one pictured. A real credit to it's owner that is.

Not sure if he did to be honest as the sticker on it was not a NH/Ford dealer sticker. No it won't go to Africa - too much for them. Probably eastern Europe or the Med area mate. ..... or Westbury Leigh if I had my way!!

would be a shame to have a lorry half loaded mate , so when on yer way wayway out of your way past Westbury Leigh drop the 298 at may place please  !

glad to see you busy tris  :)

really need you up & Lynham tris ,seeing as your the resident Wiltshire correspondant. That farm at the end of the runaway has some classic fords just waiting to be photographed , especially that E27 with the fingerbar hedge trimmer in the front field  :)

Really? I'm off!! And as your Zummerzet correspondent can you picture the Fordson with side ditching arm between Glastonbury and Street near the garden place next time you're passing  ;):)

Really? I'm off!! And as your Zummerzet correspondent can you picture the Fordson with side ditching arm between Glastonbury and Street near the garden place next time you're passing  ;):)

really ? not caught my eye before will keep an eye out for that mate

Archived