Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

MF699 part done, one of three that have gone through the workshop and now look like this (second pic) Today all three were lined up in the sun outside, I must get a photo of the trio before they go. Oh and a nice 3645 which has been in the yard for a week or two now.

And lastly, the Hay Team! All the trailers loaded from the day before are parked in the shed.

post-227-132639895684_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639895689_thumb.jpg

post-227-1326398957_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639895708_thumb.jpg

Last week, two of us went up to a place near Kingston Bagpuize in Oxon. Big estate with hops, arable, pigs and equestrian. We had to collect what was passed to me as "a couple of ploughs, a cultivator and a set of discs". Now, usually this means 2f - 4f ploughs, 10ft or 12ft discs and a chisel plough or spring tine cultivator. So with the 6 wheeler and the 7.5 tonner we arrived to find a 4.5m Simba Toptilth, Quivogne discs and 5f reversible, 5f conventional and 8f conventional Dowdeswell ploughs!! No way we were getting all that on the two of us so the discs and the 8f (each 25ft long) will stay for another day. No matter how we tried to get the two 5f on the MAN, they would not go. So I took the conventional with the Toptilth and an old loader bucket. The 5f and 8f conventional will probably go for scrap but it was all as a job lot or nothing and I should think the money is in the Simba and the Quivogne and bit in the 5f reversible. The Simba has had the awful rear drawbar cut away now, leaving just the A frame headstock and all the points have been changed. Every rear packer tyre is showing steel but I don't know what is happening there yet.

post-227-132639895714_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639895722_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639895729_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639895735_thumb.jpg

The 5f reversible on the MAN.

A set of Parmiter discs in the yard being fully overhauled - bew bushes and pins throughout, all depth adjustments freed up and working and new disc locks between the outer discs of main gangs and inner discs of the wing gangs. It is almost done now and will be joining the TW-35 and three MF135's to go to the same customer in Kenya I believe. I did spot two tins of Parmiter Orange paint in the stores too.  ...

And a very handy looking MF loader which I picked up weeks ago now being looked over, possible interest in it I should think. Looks ideal for a chicken farm or something.

post-227-132639895744_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639895758_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639895784_thumb.jpg

Went back up to Kingston Bagpuize at the beginning of the week to pick up what we couldn't fit last week. A set of Quivogne disc harrows and an old Dowdeswell conventional 7f plough. I was insure whether the crane wold lift the discs but as their tractor driver used them after they had been paid for (naughty!!) and sheered the wheel off (very naughty!!) the only to move them was to lift them. Thankfully, the crane did just and just lift them.

post-227-132639902989_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639902997_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639903004_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639903024_thumb.jpg

Oh and of course, one for Howard S.

Just in case this is gone without me knowing, this is as clear a shot as I could get for now  :-\

Yay, thankyou kindly Tris, really appreciated. Looks a bit of a beast!

I don't think Countys ever came out factory with forestry gear, as mentioned before Jones engineering took basic skids to modify,

as did other forestry companies? I will make some inquiries. H

Thanks Howard  :)

As for the discs Sean, he was going to weld them up but we're glad he didn't as a better job has been done in the workshop. Just one of those cheeky things really. The Simba Toptilth has been re-toothed, washed off and had the rear drawbar cut away and I am delivering it to it's new owner tomorrow, nice quick turn around!  :)

Last week, two of us went up to a place near Kingston Bagpuize in Oxon. Big estate with hops, arable, pigs and equestrian. We had to collect what was passed to me as "a couple of ploughs, a cultivator and a set of discs". Now, usually this means 2f - 4f ploughs, 10ft or 12ft discs and a chisel plough or spring tine cultivator. So with the 6 wheeler and the 7.5 tonner we arrived to find a 4.5m Simba Toptilth, Quivogne discs and 5f reversible, 5f conventional and 8f conventional Dowdeswell ploughs!! No way we were getting all that on the two of us so the discs and the 8f (each 25ft long) will stay for another day. No matter how we tried to get the two 5f on the MAN, they would not go. So I took the conventional with the Toptilth and an old loader bucket. The 5f and 8f conventional will probably go for scrap but it was all as a job lot or nothing and I should think the money is in the Simba and the Quivogne and bit in the 5f reversible. The Simba has had the awful rear drawbar cut away now, leaving just the A frame headstock and all the points have been changed. Every rear packer tyre is showing steel but I don't know what is happening there yet.

Did you bring back that big reversible, what was happening with that???

H

Archived