Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, it came from a farm just 15 miles away near Calne, Mark. May have been a second hand buy through the dealer network though unless the chap moved up here from down that way maybe. As for working it off ... I would like to retire one day!

Thanks, David. ... could do with an on board photographer some days!

I shall have to join you for a photographic excursion some day Tris, if your good self and Howards don't mind. :)

• 1 month later...

Quick update, got a few pics on the phone to get across yet so the order will be all over the place but here is a few from the past few weeks anyway. :)

Had a big job down in Cornwall a few weeks ago where we loaded the rigid onto the artic and set off, meeting a third lorry down there to help bring it all back. The haul was made up of:

Kverneland Plough

DSCN1022_zpsdfdea035.jpg

DSCN1022_zpsdfdea035.jpg

Which I loaded in to the rougher of two silage trailers, a Griffiths.

DSCN1030_zps5317c55e.jpg

A Kverneland cultivator which I loaded into the Herbst dump trailer.

DSCN1024_zpsbbbbb4a5.jpg

DSCN1026_zps007c5db0.jpg

Then I loaded the Albutt buckrake into the tidier silage trailer, a Richard Western SF11

DSCN1031_zpsf0b5e10f.jpg

DSCN1032_zps86e926aa.jpg

The New Holland baler..

DSCN1033_zps6c853a63.jpg

....and the Vicon fertiliser spinner

DSCN1027_zpsf14a5651.jpg

onto the Weeks 25ft bale trailer along with a grain bucket.

DSCN1034_zps95ec58f4.jpg

Then, the Twose hedgetrimmer went on the artic.

DSCN1028_zps37aff1f6.jpg

DSCN1038_zps041e9eea.jpg

Along with the Griffiths trailer and the little Marshall and it's dismounted loader, bucket and fork.

DSCN1039_zps0ec1d28f.jpg

The other haulier took the Richard Western trailer and the Weeks trailer.

DSCN1035_zps497182ce.jpg

DSCN1036_zpsd2c4bb47.jpg

DSCN1037_zps3cb73b43.jpg

While the Same and the Herbst went back on the rigid, my time was up and after 15hrs I parked up near Okehampton to get me head well and truly down!

And this week was rigid work, the SF11 was sold to a farmer just outside Cullumpton and a subsoiler to a Crediton farmer who met me in Exeter auction centre... 15ft 7ins high that was!

DSCN1050_zps191780a2.jpg

Whilst the boss was at the auctions themselves and got me this for a return load.

DSCN1051_zps132a70c7.jpg

Then the next day I took a 3CX up to Worcestershire to a place with a mile long track at the end of which one resident had bought this and the others were buying the stone to re-do the track.

DSCN1052_zps1fdc17d2.jpg

Back to Marlborough to load the last few bales which were bought and stored there. Tip them and reload the Griffiths to deliver near Shepton Mallet. This one topped 16ft 6ins so we took the greedy boards off before I set off. On springs, it rocked about a lot more than the SF11 which was on rocking beams.

DSCN1053_zps1344e706.jpg

Yep, a job lot from a contractor who sadly passed away, Chris. The cultivator is sold to a farmer 40 miles away, Ol. Not sure about the plough, it's sold but don't know where too yet. The spinner went to Ireland, the Herbst is sold but not sure where too, as is the Weeks bale trailer and the Same. Just the baler, Marshall and hedgetrimmer left which I am hoping the latter will stay!

Hi tris did I see you today going down the a34 today with three fergies and a fastback on the back I was working opposite side of the road between white horse contractors and Abingdon tilsey park in me crawler mole ploughing

Thanks for looking, Andrew. It certainly keeps me busy working for the couple of companies you see in the last few years worth of posting. The topic started near enough when I started my self employment but some of the Photobucket links are void now. Glad you find it interesting :)

Not me, Phil. I was on the logs today and the artic wasn't on the road today as far as I know. I always keep an eye over the hedges incase I see you though. Someone down the A420 has a 8RT, saw it the other day with a 6 or 8m Horsch drill.

And a few others. The 13m CAT machines at Cheffins, doing their stuff and making light work of it.

IMAG1362_zps42f7b0f3.jpg

IMAG1363_zps18a07eb2.jpg

One of the fleet where Powerstar Luke works having tipped at Cheffins.

IMAG1364_zps8a509855.jpg

My load of three Belarus's

IMAG1365_zps9853df6d.jpg

Then a tractor which was bought some time ago and sent away to have the gearbox fixed, not sure what the problem was. Anyway, I picked it up the other week.

IMAG1378_zps15ac4b28.jpg

The chap who fixed it had a few tractors he had as projects, Fordsons, a 3000, a Dexta and these...

Massey in the latter stages of a refurb.

IMAG1374_zpsb7846ce7.jpg

An ultra rare, one of four built for The Forestry Commission, Howard tractor. He paid twenty quid for it many moons again at a dispersal sale.

IMAG1372_zps5d6b63eb.jpg

And this old Fergy with a belt driven sickle bar hedge trimmer.

IMAG1376_zps732b48e8.jpg

IMAG1377_zps8f46dd49.jpg

What?!! Are you serious?!!! You should do it twice a day, every day and without fail!! AND MORE TO THE POINT!!!! You MUST photograph it every. . ...  single. .. ... .  flipping. ... . ... time!!!

:lol:

I didn't know there were that may Belarus tractors left in the UK, still with 3 of them gone there can't be many left now ;D ;D

The lads in the yard hate them, Mike. No work is done to them apart from a deep clean but they get broken down for the containers and everything on them is heavy, seized and awkward!!! Must have sent ten containers of them over the water in the last year or so.

Archived