SPADE LUG INDUSTRIAL FORDSON ON EBAY TONIGHT

Anybody else out there spotted the spade lug industrial tractor on ebay tonight.It is listed as promotional model.Just wondering if anyone had any more info on it.

I would post a link but I haven't got a clue how to ! :-[

Andy ?.........maybe ?  :-\

Or is Andy up to his ears in bubblewrap ? ;)

I know I mentioned it before today but thanks again for the ftf 6600 Andy.

Very interesting. There is one man who will definitely know the answer to its authenticity, and he will bid on it, if it is  ;)

I guess its possible if its a promotional model. Paintwork looks untouched, along with wheel axles...maybe a new rare Britains model on the horizon.

The guy who I have purchased his complete collection has one too  ;) not in as good condition as that and I am yet to pick it up ( still working my way through the boxes)  ;) his though comes in the original New Performance Major sleeve and plinth box  ???

When I questioned him on it he claims he bought it as all his old models from a local dealer who passed away a few years back.

Sent a message to the seller about proof, he replied that he bought it at a Wallis and Wallis sale and that they listed it as a promotional item. I looked on their site and all it said was promotional item, have left them a message about this so hopefully they will get back to me. Found out what it went for too, with a load of other stuff, it will make you sick to know  :-X

Well........ I asume that following is happen: This fordson is definate no original....... it isa re-paint or restorated one. This model never came on the market with spade wheels. We talk about the ?64-?65 Fordson with spade wheels of the late ?40s and early ?50s. It?s also not a promo. the guy in question has a hell of a thumb to suck on.

I think the paint and so the Fordson Body could be original. But I think the steel wheels and spade lugs are from another model. Could be original too, but taken from a blue one?

And so put the spade lugs and the Yellow body together, a rare model we never seen, is converted.

Possible? But who knows.

Look also at David Pullen Britains Model Tractors side 112. Their is a notice of a yellow Fordson with Tail-lights on mudguards and Ford style 1 rear wheels. This explaines the version of the yellow rear dump with Ford wheels, promotioned with this Fordson.

What do you think?

Blueford 

Spill the beans then!

OK you asked for it

Ready to cry :'(

?130  plus buyers premium

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  :'( :'( :'( ;D

Getting back to the tractor, the rear axle does not look right when compared to any other major, looks more like a nail because one end is flat, like the head of a nail  ::) and the other end crimped in the usual early britains style. Britains used a similar axle end to this, domed  ;)

The tractor itself looks to be original and in good condition. If the paint is original it would be worth buying and putting the correct wheels on it assuming you could get the correct wheels (Fordson Major type, not the 5000 rims) in the correct shade of grey. The originals were a darker shade of grey than the 5000 rims. My opinion is based on comparing it with the one I've had since I was fourteen. ;)

A nice return on these, to much for me though  ;)

Toyed with having a go on the trailer, changed mind at last minute, a lot of money for a broken/damaged trailer.

It would have looked nice behind my cabbed one, but then there wouldn't be anywhere for the implement lift to go  :D

Hi britainswomble, I reckon that it would originally have come with 5000 style rear wheels, seeing as it has lights on the mudguards. I have a new performance version without rear lights on 5000 style wheels and one with the old super major decal, in red, with rear lights on the mudguards and 5000 style wheels .......the last version I think  ???:)

A nice return on these, to much for me though  ;)

Toyed with having a go on the trailer, changed mind at last minute, a lot of money for a broken/damaged trailer.

It would have looked nice behind my cabbed one, but then there wouldn't be anywhere for the implement lift to go  :D

Hi britainswomble, I reckon that it would originally have come with 5000 style rear wheels, seeing as it has lights on the mudguards. I have a new performance version without rear lights on 5000 style wheels and one with the old super major decal, in red, with rear lights on the mudguards and 5000 style wheels .......the last version I think  ???:)

Ok, now I'm really confused. Mine was the New Performance Super Major, without lights on the rear wings and Grey Fordson Major style wheels on both the tractor and trailer..................Wierd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ok, now I'm really confused. Mine was the New Performance Super Major, without lights on the rear wings and Grey Fordson Major style wheels on both the tractor and trailer..................Wierd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D