Gavs visit to Standen Pearson

Gav836

I went down to Ely today to do some measuring up for new models at Standen Pearson and part of this was a tour of the main factory whish was very interesting. As I was taking photo's of the harvesters for my own reference I thought I'd be nice and take a few of the production line and of the yard at the same time. It's not a massive operation like some of you may expect but a very small place where most of the parts are made in house still, right down to gears and sprockets.

First up a few of the Enterprise harvester production line which has two machines on it :)

P6180042.jpg

P6180057.jpg

P6180053.jpg

P6180088.jpg

Out in the yard there is a variety of componant parts stacked up ready

P6180087.jpg

P6180086.jpg

P6180097.jpg

Also out there are a few machines ready to go onto the production line as well as those awaiting export

first a Vision Harvester partly assembled

P6180065.jpg

A QM harvester being prepared for export, there were also several of these awaiting assembly

P6180064.jpg

P6180066.jpg

A Unistar Destoner being cleaned down

P6180094.jpg

P6180067.jpg

A Megastar destoner

P6180095.jpg

And an Enterprise harvester fitted with a picking off table ready for the Highland Show

P6180074.jpg

P6180078.jpg

P6180068.jpg

P6180080.jpg

Interesting to see some British iron work still being made. Who needs laser cutters and fancy electric carts ferrying parts round acres and acres of shed. Proper factory that. Are they full of encouragement for your models then Gavin?

Interesting to see some British iron work still being made. Who needs laser cutters and fancy electric carts ferrying parts round acres and acres of shed. Proper factory that. Are they full of encouragement for your models then Gavin?

No laser cutters there, just CNC machines. They are very enthusiastic aboout the models and have given me a lot of help with pictures and allowing me to measure up a harvester along with help with the logo's

nice pics gav, so you got a pipe bender for all those main body supports then????? could be intresting without one

how much of tht stuff lying round is made on site then mate, i know some bits for other companys are made else where and shipped in, or do they build all parts bar tyres themselfs

nice pics gav, so you got a pipe bender for all those main body supports then????? could be intresting without one

how much of tht stuff lying round is made on site then mate, i know some bits for other companys are made else where and shipped in, or do they build all parts bar tyres themselfs

I have a cunning plan for the frame work ;D;)

Most of it is still all built in house with the exception of rubber parts and hydraulic motors I believe from what I was told :)

Thanks for the comments guys :);)

cheers Gav......looks like the workshop i looked at while sitting in traffic last week ;)

The one these pictures were taken in is at the back of the site, the one nearest the road was being used to check over fully assembled machines before sending out yesterday, that one also houses one of the two spray booths ;)