roller shutter doors

MJB1

Question

been thinking about this for a while now & thought i'd give it a bash , trying to get hinges onto doors is no fun , so i thought about the more modern roller shutter doors  :)

i removed the end / side from a britains shed

then found some channeled strips , this was originaly from electrical conduit  :-\ surprise  ::) heated with a hairdrier & slowly bent to the angle of the shed roof & uprights :)

post-211-132638616426_thumb.jpg

slightly different but saves another topic , i dare say you've has wedding invitation cards that were hand made with flowers & stuff on them ?

well i found these in the craft shop , they're called 'paper flowerheads' & they sort of looked like cauliflowers or cabbages

post-211-132638616432_thumb.jpg

i daresay i could have increased the angle of the curve smurf , but i didn't have any wire the right size to keep the groove the same distance without kinking it , also if i come down toofar the tractors wouldn't be able to get in under , the big 390's & 595's do at the moment  :)

thanks gav , just needs to be painted now & it saves me wanting that spare pannel  :)

I had an idea not to dissimilar to yours Marcus, the newer type doors which have just half a dozen lightweight aluminium panels which slide up and over like this one you have made, know what I mean? Could be done couldn't it?

I had an idea not to dissimilar to yours Marcus, the newer type doors which have just half a dozen lightweight aluminium panels which slide up and over like this one you have made, know what I mean? Could be done couldn't it?

youd need a more gentle curve though tris , as this stuff slides really well , not sure you gan find card that would be like that anyway

That looks very good   :o :o

How about a smaller access door within large door  ;)

whoa mate , just got this done ! :o

What a superb idea Marcus... looks really effective... you do bang em out at the old barrett school of whizzo ideas mate  ;)

Love the Cauliflowers as well... I'll give you 40p each for them mate... it's gone through the roof today.... with all this rain  :D :D :D

Now Now thats no way to talk about Marky ;D:D;D:D;D:D;D:D

That's it... that's blooming flipping well it..  >:(

I have been abused on here all day today.... and I'm getting fed up with it  >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I am glad I jumped the queue at Spalding now  :P

Back on topic though...

could you paint the centres green Marcus (on the cauli).. they would be primo cabbage then as well.... and.. how much are they.... just wonderinf how much a field full would be  ???

um no not really i was sort of hopeing i could be a suplier , to histon produce & holly estates, but not overly sure how long 48 items of veg would last  :-\ but they also come in red so red cabbage may also be an option  :)

thanks for the comments people

The cabbage idea looks the part, smart thinking there. I presume that you will spray them green, they look a little anaemic at the moment. You will also have to find something to represent catepillars, all cabbages have catepillars.  ;)  The roller door idea, realy smart. I think that I saw somewhere that you can find table mats that are thin narrow strips of wood that has a cotton fabric stuck on one side and roll up for storage, that would work as well, just a thought.

thanks texas :)

The cabbage idea looks the part, smart thinking there. I presume that you will spray them green, they look a little anaemic at the moment. You will also have to find something to represent catepillars, all cabbages have catepillars.  ;)  The roller door idea, realy smart. I think that I saw somewhere that you can find table mats that are thin narrow strips of wood that has a cotton fabric stuck on one side and roll up for storage, that would work as well, just a thought.

ive seen the table mats you mean pr but this looked just as good , as for the colour for the cabbages , they are a very light green , as they are , but i think the lighting doesn't really reflect the true colour , anyway they're still growing  ;)

Excellent work Marcus mate...amazing some of the things you can make just from spare household items...a really good idea you had  :)

The cauliflower plants are also a nice nice touch, nicely done.  :)

I've been thinking about that to and I don't see why it shouldn't work. On full size the flat panel has a roller slightly behind and top and bottom of the panel so this should be able to be copied using sheet and wire to run into the outside channel (if you get what I mean?). Only thing that it may need is some way of holding the panels together, maybe some kind of tape on the inside were it won't be seen.