Graham's Work

graham

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are looking at building a Anaerobic Digester plant at the college I work for. I recently went on a visit to Dorset to see the first operational BioGas Nord plant in the country, all I can say is wow.

These things are the way of the future, basically you can feed them anything as long as there is muck and an form of  energy for the microbes to feed on (energy crops, waste food products, etc). You get electricity but can also tap the waste heat as the generator is a CHP unit. So you can heat the farm house for free or if you grow fruit crops under glass you can use the waste heat and C02 in there. The effluent from the tanks can be spread on the land as a fertilizer just the same as normal slurry.

Clever stuff, or is it simple stuff put together in a clever way??

We are looking at building a Anaerobic Digester plant at the college I work for. I recently went on a visit to Dorset to see the first operational BioGas Nord plant in the country, all I can say is wow.

These things are the way of the future, basically you can feed them anything as long as there is muck and an form of  energy for the microbes to feed on (energy crops, waste food products, etc). You get electricity but can also tap the waste heat as the generator is a CHP unit. So you can heat the farm house for free or if you grow fruit crops under glass you can use the waste heat and C02 in there. The effluent from the tanks can be spread on the land as a fertilizer just the same as normal slurry.

Clever stuff, or is it simple stuff put together in a clever way??

that is the same firm that is building this unit ,the agent told me he has just finished a job in dorset but this one will be a bit bigger he told me , i will be back there someday to update a bit hopefully ;) you maybe right tris but this farm has vast amounts of slurry i think the plant is costing in the region of 2 million but if he gets it right sounds like he will do ok ,  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

the loader sean is an old weatherhall not sure if that is correct spelling , good forty years old i guess but they use it every day to load feeder wagon , never heard of that myself rhys but every day a school day ;)

as the weather was not to good this morning we started fitting a parlour at this farm in a village called headcorn 8 miles from home

it is second hand we took it out last year there is pics of it loaded on a lorry

all the walls have been firbe glassed for easier cleaning

DSCF3753.jpg

DSCF3752.jpg

DSCF3754.jpg

the cows are being milked in our mobile milking parlour which is on the old farm across the road so cows have to walk over and back

DSCF3757.jpg

DSCF3756.jpg

thanks rich the jd was the one i drove when i was grain cart with the 18 ton bailey trailer behind ,then it went on the chaser bin ,then that farmer bought it , it was only on hire when i had it nice tractor ,

nashmach it is a 4000 on the feeder wagon mate

thanks walterderwent i am lucky i get to see a lot of different equipment in my work  ;)

the walls are firbe glassed texas

been on a farm today which was half a mile from my child hood home so i know farmer very well ,i remember going on a primary school trip there when the cows where milked in the old stall cowshed also remember there first milking parlour going in and we have just got contract to put a new westfalia parlour in for them :) :) :)

DSCF3760.jpg

DSCF3762.jpg

DSCF3758.jpg

DSCF3763.jpg

DSCF3764.jpg

DSCF3768.jpg

pete the farm is about 1500 acres mate 170 milking cows when i was young it was only fords there mate but now he looks to buy from different dealers but a good farmer nice crops ,my cousin worked there for forty five years packed up just before harvest last year so must be a good boss to i should think  ;)

Archived