Graham's Work

graham

Thats a fare size of farm does he farm it with many workers. ye the guy that worked on the farm at home started with horse did national service and came back and he retired 5 years ago. doesn't happen these days people move from farm to farm. there aren't many people go to work on farms from school now. My mates are finding it hard to find a good hand on machines these days

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two full time plus herdsman pete and students  through harvest , when iwas younger must of been eight to ten workers on there ,but they had dairy ,beef, sheep, pigs, potatoes , greens , and vinning peas and corn it was a busy farm , county tractors mather platt pea viner what a big old peice of kit that was happy days watching from the headlands  :)

Glad to see the weather has not stopped you either Boss. Some good photos in there especially the cattle. The youngstock look great, clean bedding and a nice shed too. When you said 'no mod cons' I thought you mean't that big Deere!  :D

Saw a chap out today spreading slurry on a snow covered field.. . ..  Nearly called the enviroment egancey, I could not believe what he was doing. Talk about giving famrers a bad name!  >:(

Had Fendthead been at that spreader?!

Saw a chap out today spreading slurry on a snow covered field.. . ..  Nearly called the enviroment egancey, I could not believe what he was doing. Talk about giving famrers a bad name!  >:(

Had Fendthead been at that spreader?!

yer triss my umbilical cord man said he had been to a farm  and been told to put 4,000 gallon to the acer on grass and then watched the snow melt at lunch time  he said he reeled his pipes up and left fast  ::) as the whole field was moving some farmers eh

nice seen milking palour pics, i was lucky enough to have a look around a new GOAT farm last week, massive shed, huge seperate palour to milk 80 goats at atime then another shed to be build the same size as the first, i didnt take any pics as i never saw the owner to get permision

few more farmer brought bulk bin down from other farm and pulled it into postion ready for us to put new auger system in for out of parlour feeders

DSCF3784.jpg

DSCF3785.jpg

new parlour waiting for cows for first time and farmer happy still happy after first milking to, some  cows tried to hurdle front gates two tried to fall in the pit most of them shi$ in there and on everyone, ;) but apart from that all went well

DSCF3787.jpg

DSCF3788.jpg

Did you say twelve?  :o

Beat that US Custom Harvesters!!  :D :D

(That was a joke before anyone gets all competitive  ::) )

12 in store for the dealer though surely tris? or am i mistaken?

If not then knock tris down with a feather.......!!!!!!!

Archived