Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Jd6320driver said:

What way did you make the u above ground slurry store

Here you go Hugh using a beer barrel (drink the beer before using ;-) ) I made the sections from MDF glued on strips of timber for the impressions, then varnished the timber and with the varnish still wet sprinkled fine sand onto the surface. The ladders and platform are made with plastruct. The slurry jetter is made from bendy straws sprayed silver.

PIC02579.JPG

PIC02580.JPG

PIC02581.JPG

PIC02585.JPG

PIC02586.JPG

35 minutes ago, Udimore said:

Awesome stuff.. but hey shouldn't be surprised should we

I recall introducing Garret to Graham at the the old farmer giles site for toytrac a few years back..now that was a conversation of skills

I remember that to, Graham had a fantastic layout right at the entrance to the show, the detail was excellent.

Had a look around the yard this evening to see where to kick off, last sheds I was working on were the calf shed and the suckler cow shed. Goint to have to paint some of the sheds to, that green clad looks a bit off! Will probably paint them in dark grey more traditional for these parts.

The bare plot in the centre of the yard was supposed to be for the farm house, but houses are boring so I may just turn it into the manure pit for the calf house and suckler shed. The farmer will just have to go live in the nearest town ;-) Greenhouse will have to go to, not sure about the tarmac covering in front of the shed it was supposed to be the backyard of the house, might just concrete it in to.

The walls of the calf house and suckler shed were poured using plaster so I'll continue this process, just make up the forms now.

IMG_5307.JPG

IMG_5306.JPG

IMG_5301.JPG

IMG_5286.JPG

10 hours ago, Old Ford said:

Great to see you back Garrett, been along time.

Thanks Mark just getting back to try and finish up the layout, not ventured up there to recently so lots of tidying up to do the mice had a great time setting up home in the sheds!

Archived