Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

;D Sorry, I haven't tried it but I did notice a few pieces I glued together this Summer and left in the window. the glue melted with the heat from the Sun.

Sun?  :o

In the land of the Stony Grey Soil?  ???

Jayze! This Global Warming crack must be getting out of hand altogether!  :-\

Started the hedges and trees this week. Found a cheap way to make trees just walk the hedges and keep your eyes open for twigs and branches that look like trees in 1/32 here's my first efforts. The trees have moss and lichens already stuck on them so I have just to add the foliage. :)

post-77-132638548632_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638548638_thumb.jpg

I'm making the ditch banks from expandable foam, just spray it on and after a few hours cut the foam down to size. I'll cover the foam with plasters skim coat to make up the banks and add the foliage. The foam is great for making up volume for lumps and bumps.

post-77-132638548645_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638548649_thumb.jpg

P P P P P PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started making a mighty Oak out of wire and paper mache but got bored quickly!!!

What a simple but very effective and easy idea!! Nice one. I'm off down the fields  ;)

Tris I'm lookin at using ferze bushes to make Oak trees, they have a similar bark to oak.

now you tell me Garret  >:( >:(>:( very good idea like it a lot. can't get more real than that for trees. :P :P

Well Mark 6quid 50 for a tree :o want to spend my cash on models not trees ;D I'm hoping to do about 30 of them so that's nearly 200 quid for premade trees and they all look the same clones.

How do you stop the foam coagulating in the nozzle?

Any time I've used it I've had to use it all in one go because if I left it for any period of time the nozzle would get gunged up.

S:

arent you supposed to put a matchstick in the nozzle? and clean the tube? :-\ :-\ ???

P P P P P PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started making a mighty Oak out of wire and paper mache but got bored quickly!!!

What a simple but very effective and easy idea!! Nice one. I'm off down the fields  ;)

i found some great model trees the other day tirs, meassuer up to 30 odd cm, look oak tree like 2 in a set for 12 quid, which i didnt think was to bad

great stuff as usual g,clever idea with the banks to mate,wnat to add ditches to mine when its raised of the floor

Archived