Cullies Farm

smallclaas

Brilliant Garret. Nice thought the shaeds of grass mate. I have an idea for you, your more than welcome to throw it out. . .

With the lighter half showing up as a grazed area to me why not add a few cow pats, a bucket of mineral lick and some dry cow mineral troughs and put a temporary electric fence down the join line as if it is being strip grazed?

Ok, I'll my mind my own business then . ..

;):D

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant Garret. Nice thought the shaeds of grass mate. I have an idea for you, your more than welcome to throw it out. . .

With the lighter half showing up as a grazed area to me why not add a few cow pats, a bucket of mineral lick and some dry cow mineral troughs and put a temporary electric fence down the join line as if it is being strip grazed?

Ok, I'll my mind my own business then . ..

;):D

Thanks Tris, no don't mind YOB it all helps, I really do need to do a bit of detailing around this layout, but first if I get the basics done I'll move on from there, I'm really really hoping to finish this monster this year  :o

Trees I hear you say garret?

These are the top notch mate but not sure how much you want to spend??

http://www.jgminiatures.com/category.php?cid=2

Or these guys:

http://www.sceneryexpress.com/departments.asp?dept=1001

Thanks Jez I'll have a browse through those links at work tomorrow :)

Just amazing,cracking job there mate  :) :) :):D

Thanks Britainsfan

Amazing Garret - when you starting mine :D :D

Hmmm sometime around 2020 I think at the rate this one is taking  :D :D

i live 2 minutes from altnagelvin hospital in derry!!

Sure your only up the road along the A5 if I'm correct, top of the country, cold up there at the moment I'd say, snow here today in Cavan first time in 40 years  :o :o snow over Halloween.

thanks for these pics garret, the more things you do , gives me a better idea of how i want mine to look (got the space just need the time), until now it was all going to be square flat fields for ease , but looking at yours the field contours gives the grass matting different shades in the light &  also give a depth other than just a 2 dimensional pic :) :)

oooh ! sorry about that , just come over all literary :-\

thanks for these pics garret, the more things you do , gives me a better idea of how i want mine to look (got the space just need the time), until now it was all going to be square flat fields for ease , but looking at yours the field contours gives the grass matting different shades in the light &  also give a depth other than just a 2 dimensional pic :) :)

oooh ! sorry about that , just come over all literary :-\

Hmmm very Artistic MJB,  :) I was going to do a flat layout to but decided to try a few hills and it works ok, but takes alot of cutting and shaping to get it right. I used chipboard for the area that neede a bit of strenght and the other areas just good old cavity wall insulation. I layered the insulation and cut it to shape then covered it with the matting.

Thanks for that PDH, had a look, giving me some ideas  ;) I started making trees last night so I'll see how I get on  :)

Keep us updated then!  May see if they will make to order, their prices for the wire trees seem pretty reasonable.

Cover the whole thing in plaster to make it look a little more like a tree. These are Beech trees so I'll most likely give them a wash of grey paint, and sprinkle some scatter for leaves or use clump material, I'll just have to see what work best.

post-77-13263892961_thumb.jpg

Nice job but i recon its a time consuming job but looking great mate how many more you going to make?

they look quiet good mate, how long is it taking per tree then??

Mike, Sean, thanks for the comments, it takes only an afternoon to do 5. Only problem the vines I'm using are about 2 years worth  :o I've been saving them just for this purpose crazy ok  :D :D I'll not be doing Sherwood forest anyway. I would say for five finished it's about 1 day.

they look smart mate, very realistic  ;)

Thanks Mate  :)

They look brillant mate :o:) :) :) :) :)

Thanks mate  ;)

they look very good garrett look forward to seeing them with the foilage on nice mature trees by the look two

(capability brown he has not got a patch on you fella for creating stunning vistas )    ;) ;)

Thanks Graham, funny you should mention Capability Brown, there is a garden near my house which was designed by Capability Brown, well landscape more than garden, lots of trees park land and a few cast iron bridges.

Archived