Packaging

AndyB

Whilst I understand there is a cost envolved in everything I'll suggest anyway.

The recent 'classic' or 'old-timer' releases are a great edition to the range but I can't help thinking that a trick has been missed.  If twere me I would have looked at the route of different packaging for these classic releases.  As they are primarily aimed at the collector (especially the 5000 etc.)  The nostalgia would have been enhanced by say a picture scene or a less modern look to the box both outside and in.  I just need to look accross the room to see two straw boxes.  Here again I wouldn't expect anything like that (couldn't be bettered) but a more traditional look to go with the model inside would only enhance the look and the turn over I would say :-\

I think that you have hit the nail on the head when you say 'cost'. You are right in saying that the modern packaging does not realy reflect the model, it just seems more to be advertising the 'brand'. The older style boxes and packaging with all the artwork that it carried reflected the model and put it in a perspective that was more appealing and could be identified to a specific purpose, farming.

This is true of most of the toy/model manufacturers now. It seems to me that despite the model in the box, the more sophisticated, if that's the right word, or colurful the box is, the more expensive the item is. Put a run-of-the-mill model in a colourful box, call it a 'limited edition' and hike the price.

Anyone who has explored the commercial printers in having them to produce an item will know that nowadays there is more costs involved in multi-colour print than single, two colour and three colour print but the real expense is in the manufacture of the dies for the pattern.

Thats a good suggestion Andy. Interestingly, we have been told that our next FTF model would open the door for our own bespoke box, so it doesnt appear that Britains are totally limited by cost.

I know OEM's have a major influence for certain models, but the tradition of the brand may be the main reason for the rest. Something else to approach them with... :)

Maybe i missed something, hope not but is there a idea what the ftf model will be for 2007?

Texas

no Bas, nothing has been released yet regarding next years model.  :)

• 2 weeks later...