Does my TVT get the chop?

AndyB

I got a free TVT Bayern from a competition and coincidentally want to convert a MF 6290.  Will these Bayerns ever be worth anything being as all I seem to see is them being chopped-up?  Or do I take advantage of a free donor skid unit ???

It's TTV, not TVT!   ::)

No, don't chop it for a MF convo. It has white wheels, so you should use it for a NH convo. Actually, it would make a good base for a TVT convo - ask PDC.  ;)

And don't forget to record the serial number on the appropriate thread. We want to know how many Bayern's died for the cause.  :D

That thread seems to have gone missing ???

We'll never know :'(

My recollection is that F-P started the thread. I can't find it now either. I know it was the inspiration for me to start the silver McCormick register thread.

That thread seems to have gone missing ???

We'll never know :'(

I went on the look out for it last week with no luck... I'm pretty certain it wasn't me who started it though.

What ever happened with these? I've got one and picked it up for ?14.... which seems to be an average price for one  :-\ Why were they so cheap in comparison to say the rape version?  :-X

But up to you, would look nice  :)

might be something to do with how many was made, but I could be wrong :-\