Case 885XL/4 Super II

RichardJW1

Here's some photos of brother's 885XL at work over the years for the Case fans amongst us

Bought s/h in March '95 with 3,600hrs on the clock. Its got 9,600 on it now.

Ploughing back in Autumn '95 with a 4f Kv.

ploughingsept95.jpg

Ploughing with Lemken 4f rev. in 2005

ploughing885.jpg

Round baling with our RP12S back in '98

BalingNabb1.jpg

Sowing grass seeds with Centreliner

grasseeds.jpg

Cutting grass with PZ 2m mower

cuttinggrass-1.jpg

Pasture topping with Orsi topper

cutting1-1.jpg

i do belive i have been stuck behind that tractor on my travels to your part of the world mate, sure of it, havnt seen another round that way before that i can remember, think i also saw it pulling a mini (drivern by 2 old ladys )out of the field at the top by the main road,(used to have a metal fence round it) a few years back to, the one just [past the turn to your palce

round baled with one once when our CASEIH 1394 was in the

workshop ,I like the 1394 but it least the 885 would close the bale chamber faster and lock it down  ::) ::)::)

the CASEIH 885xl nice tractor to drive and could pull the 4 furrows no problem as oposed to the 1394 which (smaller)would pull a 3 furrow easy

aswell

i do belive i have been stuck behind that tractor on my travels to your part of the world mate, sure of it, havnt seen another round that way before that i can remember, think i also saw it pulling a mini (drivern by 2 old ladys )out of the field at the top by the main road,(used to have a metal fence round it) a few years back to, the one just [past the turn to your palce

YEEESSS   :D , that's right, I remember brother telling me the story. These old ladies were coming out of Salcombe and apparently there was a bee in the car, so they were trying to swat it and hey presto they went through the fence!!!

If you come in to Salcombe now you'll notice the stone wall opposite to it has also been clobbered by some clown driving a Transit - trying to beat the land-speed record. Took off coming over the brow, lost control and wallop!!!

That's a steep field that is being topped with the Orsi, Looks like a fun job  ;D

A few more for you. TS.

Ferns are tricky things to destroy, once you've cut the stem they become very sappy & make the ground slippery.....which is the last thing you need on the steep fields, this year it isn't so bad, the ground is relatively soft after all the rain we've had so the tyres will at least bite in, hence why David reversed up over the cut area and drove down on the standing plants....he's also got a decent run-out at the bottom, so if things went wrong its a case of knock it up some gears and keep the tractor as straight as possible

toppingjune07.jpg

toppingjune07-1.jpg

setaside06.jpg

setaside062.jpg

Great pictures, also a very nice area.

texas

Yes, the countryside is very picturesque around us, having so many hills & valleys break the scenery up and give those hidden parts of the world that all-to-often can't be seen from the roads or footpaths. I have travelled around a bit and don't think I have seen anything that comes close for pure peace and tranquility - but then maybe I am a bit biased  ;)

YEEESSS   :D , that's right, I remember brother telling me the story. These old ladies were coming out of Salcombe and apparently there was a bee in the car, so they were trying to swat it and hey presto they went through the fence!!!

If you come in to Salcombe now you'll notice the stone wall opposite to it has also been clobbered by some clown driving a Transit - trying to beat the land-speed record. Took off coming over the brow, lost control and wallop!!!

yeah i did notice that to mate a few weeks back, as for the old deers we couldnt belive how they got that far into the field, must have been 30 m in,

Super and Super II were limited editions with extras as standard. The super came out in around 1988 and the super II 1989. They had a better seat, wider tyres, assistor rams and a drivers pack (overalls, thermos, telephone for the house). The SuperII also had air con.