Combining OSR (Very wet)

Kris

Lexion 580 on duals as it was so wet had and old CAT pulling it out it was that wet the moisture on it was at 20% in the end they gave up on it coming back next time with rear duals aswell. Hope you enjoy the photos. (Also got a few videos of it being pulled out for you)

CIMG0040.jpg

CIMG0038.jpg

Very wet

CIMG0037.jpg

CIMG0036.jpg

Getting ready to pull it out. Wish you could hear the roar on that old CAT engine.

CIMG0033.jpg

CIMG0032.jpg

CIMG0031.jpg

Pulling it out again

CIMG0029.jpg

CIMG0028.jpg

Emptying the were not even filling the grain tank up on this thing

CIMG0026.jpg

CIMG0025.jpg

What a beast never seen one on duals.

CIMG0024.jpg

CIMG0023.jpg

Nice pics :)

They must have money to burn cutting it that wet as I believe it needs to be down at 8-9% moisture ideally, someone correct me if I'm wrong though :-\

My step dad works for a company that hauls cocoa beans and they hve about 2000 ton stored in there sheds so they get paid alot hence the brand new jd and the combines only 4 years old all newish kit apparently theve just brought a new 6920 aswell

I have seen new combines pulled in half by farmers and contractors pulling on the drawbar at the back. Excellemt pics!!! ;D ;D

Thanks according to one of the farmers. The oweners of a brand bew lexion had got it stuck and in ther wisdom attached the towing cable to the steering rod at the back and bent it all  :D

Nice pictures mate........

Definitely........ ;D ;D

On ther way

Nice pics :)

They must have money to burn cutting it that wet as I believe it needs to be down at 8-9% moisture ideally, someone correct me if I'm wrong though :-\

Same over here Gavin - I remember one of the biggest growers in the country only had his combine 6 days and he buried her got 2 big Fendts 200hp+ at the time to pull her out till bang and they brought the whole back axle with them :D :D

Loks rough having to cut with duals wouldn't like to meet him on the road with that  :D :D

Same over here Gavin - I remember one of the biggest growers in the country only had his combine 6 days and he buried her got 2 big Fendts 200hp+ at the time to pull her out till bang and they brought the whole back axle with them :D :D

Loks rough having to cut with duals wouldn't like to meet him on the road with that  :D :D

I wouldnt want to meet him anyway he wasnt a very happy bunny because of it getting stuck all the time. The guy driving it always drives there sprayer will get some pics of it if i can.

I think Claas will be selling loads of tracked Lexions or conversion kits if they have them for this harvest with ground conditions being so soft now. They never seem to stick in soft ground or dig themselves in climbing steep hills   ;D. 2007 might be the year of the tracked combine   ;)  P.S. You are right with the moisture figures Gav, O.S.R. is best dried to a bit under 10 % moisture for safe storage

I think Claas will be selling loads of tracked Lexions or conversion kits if they have them for this harvest with ground conditions being so soft now. They never seem to stick in soft ground or dig themselves in climbing steep hills   ;D. 2007 might be the year of the tracked combine  ;)  P.S. You are right with the moisture figures Gav, O.S.R. is best dried to a bit under 10 % moisture for safe storage

Do you think that farmers and contractors can afford this option? I don't think they will buy them due to the poor potential returns on ruined crops

Do you think that farmers and contractors can afford this option? I don't think they will buy them due to the poor potential returns on ruined crops

Well if it is the difference between getting them in or not they probably will ;)

would that be Lamberts you have posted with the combine and cat? local contractor is fitting 4wd to his 580 terra track as it will drive but not steer ::) does ya dad work for FD BIRD? if so i think its a 6930 not 6920 on order, i know one of the bosses, they have 4 new jds on order :o

my dad has been stuck twice today with the claas mega 204, bl**dy wet here in holderness :'(

would that be Lamberts you have posted with the combine and cat? local contractor is fitting 4wd to his 580 terra track as it will drive but not steer ::) does ya dad work for FD BIRD? if so i think its a 6930 not 6920 on order, i know one of the bosses, they have 4 new jds on order :o

my dad has been stuck twice today with the claas mega 204, bl**dy wet here in holderness :'(

Good to see that you are posting again Sparrowlegs, bout time to!!!

If the combine in this post is the the one that sparrow legs says it is (which I have a sneeky suspicion it is). It spent the night either stuck or broken down in the Burstwick 20 last night as it was stopped early on and it was still there this morning. I rekon by the end of this season we will see more machinery stuck.

we have been stuck in kent down on the marsh had to get the terra trac jd out at eleven o clock at night to pull combine out 500 hp done that it weighs 22 ton and it does not leave a footprint had trailer stuck aswell  ??? ??? you got to be on your toes this year and would you belive it no camera always the same you leave it at home then you get the chance of great pics ;) ;)