Joe's combine hunting 2007

CX820Joe

Excellent pictures Joe - nice to see something different as I have never seen any non Axial Flow Internationals before - bet they go like rockets and cost absolutely nothing to keep going :)

Thanks for the kind comments :) They did seem to be in excellent condition for their age - one was a 'T' reg, the other I couldn't see a plate, and besides a 431 the same farm used to own, they are the only examples of this type I have ever seen.  There did used to be an older International 8-51 near Baschurch, but IH combines are quite scarce round here full stop to be honest - Have seen a couple of Axial Flows, but only the older 1400 series ones, never anything newer than that.

By the way looks like a Volvo BM in the shed  ;D

It is - whoops, forgot to actually mention that!  Same farm used to have 3 of them, plus an older Volvo...the Volvo in the picture has been there for about 20 years at least....

Thanks for all the kind words folks.  I went out again today, and saw a few more combines in action, though for some reason, most of what I saw was in a poor position for taking photos - thats the trouble with taking the bike - finding somewhere to leave it, so I apologise for these being slightly distant!

Anyway on with the photos - first combine to be snapped today was a Claas Lexion 520 seen near West Felton:

DSCF0730.jpg

DSCF0731.jpg

DSCF0736.jpg

Then back to Rednal for another look at the Fortschritt E517 in action:

DSCF0738.jpg

Then it was on to Hordley where I saw this Dominator 98 Classic (sorry about the weeds) :)

DSCF0740.jpg

DSCF0743.jpg

DSCF0744.jpg

And then, a couple of miles on I was astounded to see this machine still working - I last saw it about 15 years ago or thereabouts, the owners used to do contract work with it!  Great to see it still going strong, and there was me yesterday saying how I never see Massey Combines!

DSCF0748.jpg

Hope you like this lot, apologies again for not all of them being very close

More great pic's Joe, nice to see the weather is better with you than it is here, its not stopped raining for two days here now :-\

indeed!!!, great pics again!!!

yeah i know Gav, just had another downpour! >:( >:(

Back on the bike again today, and time for a couple more oldies - the first being a Bamford (M120?) which I was surprised to see still working; this is at a small village called Lee, not far from Ellesmere.  There were three of them at the same farm once - they still have one of the other two which looks to be cannibalised and they also had a newer M152 - not sure if they till have.  Interesting to see the cages on the wheels...

DSCF0753.jpg

DSCF0755.jpg

Then nearer to Shrewsbury I saw this Claas Dominator 86; this is from a farm at Albrighton (village about 2 miles out of Shrews) and it seems to cover a fair sized acreage for a relatively small machine - these pictures were taken nearer Bomere Heath (quite some distance from the home farm)

DSCF0758.jpg

DSCF0759.jpg

By the way, the first pic of the Bamford was taken more by chance than anything else - it was behind a high hedge so I held the camera up and hoped for the best - it didn't come out too bad I thought!

Joe

Some nice combines there Joe - no sign of any New Holland's or Deutz in your area ???

There are a few Deutz's about - not as many as there used to be though...I know where to find a red M2680 but it only handles a small acreage and has probably finished now...There are a few green ones around, but not many.  I have a pic of an M36 from last year which I will post up, though its just of the combine minus header parked in a field.  As for New Hollands...there don't seem to be so many around this year - I saw the TX67 which was at the start of the thread all over the place, and I glimpsed a CX780 a couple of weeks ago, but other than that haven't seen any more - I'm sure its a case of knowing where to look, but it seems like Claas are getting all the business these days in this neck of the woods!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...