At Work with Big A

Big A

cant quite remember but i think it was a 575 :-\

ah thanks mate , 575 would be the obvious answer, though it does look a bit on the small side , looking at the hubs on the front axle, it may well be a 565 4wd conversion . 4wheel traction axle maybe ?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i spend most of the time in at the heliport with this rig, although if its forecast snow i will be taking in my renault with snow scraper on the front and putting the brush on behind, leave the tm ready for spraying on the fluid.

i sometimes do the gritting of carparks as well but with a Massey 6470 with scraper and kuhn gritter. :)

on frosty nights its a 4.30 am start, takes about half an hour to spray my bit, usually have to wait until about 9am before i can leave. only have to spray it again if its a heavy frost and it ices over again.

But when it snows its a 2am start, if no snow falls when i'm there it takes about 3 hours to get it clear, but if it keeps snowing i have to spend the whole day running back and fore, which can be up until 9pm then back at 2am for more ;)

there was 1 day 2 years ago, the snow was falling so fast i couldnt even see where i had been, and to add to the fun you have to watch out as there are helicopters running while your scraping, rotor blades and tractors wouldnt mix well me thinks :o

the helicopters are doing trips offshore to oil rigs, mostly taking workers back and fore for shift changes, occasionally there are cargo flights as well.

not sure of the reasons but the pilots seem to be running the choppers for about 20 mins before they load with passengers then take off, i presume its to ckeck everthing is working before they take off.

when 1 comes back in it usually unloads with passengers and then picks up a different lot without switching off.

hope this makes sense tris :-\