Question concerning MF 699/3680/3880

Hi everybody,

having seen two very nice MF tractor conversion on http://www.britainstoyfarm.co.uk/page7.html.

What do you think, do they look realistic? I am not an expert concerning MFs but I am thinking of purchasing one example (and the Ford 7810 maybe, what do you think of that?).

My main question however, regarding my own Britains MF collection and especially my MF 3880 I remember having read somewhere in this forum that this is the worst modell produced my Britains ever due to a totally wrong cab. Is this correct? Can anybody supply pictures of a real MF 3680 or 3880 and which MFs really were equipped with the "large screen" cabin possibly wrong on the Britains example?

Any help very appreciated!!!

To be fair that does just about look like a '6'.  It also looks like it has the wrong front wheels.  I beleive the 3680's had steel axles rather than plastice hubs - at least mine at home does.  Although it is an early white cab version, so I could be wrong - they just look a little small............... :-\

To be fair that does just about look like a '6'.  It also looks like it has the wrong front wheels.  I beleive the 3680's had steel axles rather than plastice hubs - at least mine at home does.  Although it is an early white cab version, so I could be wrong - they just look a little small............... :-\

to be fair, this reads rather unfair - the tractor was my first "conversion" - at least I tried to make it look better than the original plain metall Britains version, with some aid of paint, brilliant lights and an improved version of driver ... however, regarding the pictures, there is almost nothing correct on this tractor, it really looks like a fantasy version - why did Britains do this? :'(

to be fair, this reads rather unfair - the tractor was my first "conversion" - at least I tried to make it look better than the original plain metall Britains version, with some aid of paint, brilliant lights and an improved version of driver ... however, regarding the pictures, there is almost nothing correct on this tractor, it really looks like a fantasy version - why did Britains do this? :'(

to be honest, i dont know ??? ???, they have really shot themselves in both feet recently with the Ford releases. They also messed up the MF 7200 combine as well i believe ???>:( >:( :'( :'(

Oh, sorry, of course thank you very much for the Pics / Information Markey, very much appreciated - guess my "MF 3880" will go to Ebay next week, together with my new Britains Ford 5000 to allow for shopping some better modells (including buying some new items at Daves and Gavins online-shops, maybe  ;)

As I child and until recently, but more and more I feel really messed up by Britains, now learning more and more how faulty these modells are compared to reality. However, I still love my old Ford 5000, 6000 and MF 595 ...

Applogies - I think I missunderstood your post.  I thought you were asking for opinions as to its originality versus the Britains production version. For your first conversion it' a goodie.

Once again sorry for the senior moment :-[

Sascha - there was no 3880 (as far as I am aware) but you are right in saying the cab is wrong Sean has ones with the correct cab ;)

The cab that is actually on them is belonged to the MF 2000 series (2680,2640 etc) ;)

Now I stand to be corrected on this by those who are experts in the subject

I remember reading that MF produced a 3600 series tractor with a 2000 series cab for the american market only.

It was produced as a cheaper, i presume without a lot of the computer controls, base model on said 3600 series.

I always assumed this was Britains excuse for being so lazy with this model.

I am pretty sure a read this in a two volume 'guide to MF tractors' that Tractor & Machinary magazine did a couple of years ago.

Now I stand to be corrected on this by those who are experts in the subject

I remember reading that MF produced a 3600 series tractor with a 2000 series cab for the american market only.

It was produced as a cheaper, i presume without a lot of the computer controls, base model on said 3600 series.

I always assumed this was Britains excuse for being so lazy with this model.

I am pretty sure a read this in a two volume 'guide to MF tractors' that Tractor & Machinary magazine did a couple of years ago.

That would be the 3500 series, which were indeed a low spec model for the US market

post-611-132638646925_thumb.jpg