UH model issues - Report them here

Andy

got my 2 mf 5480's today, they look superb in the boxes, however on closer inspection i noticed that one has bent/ angled wing mirror on one side, nothing to drastic, and the top link is glued on at about a 35 degree angle, again fixable, however once out of the box i noticed a prob with the steering, when you apply full lock in either directon it wont sit flat on the floor, ,it either raises the opp wheel to the trun of the floor by approx 3/4 of a cm, or to keep that on the ground tips the rear wheel on the turn direction about the same of the deck giving the whole tractor a very nasty ablge, so be warned check them out if poss, mines going for the chop into something, so not a prob,the other wont be out of the box, but for carpet farmers out there it could be hairy ,mind you out of all the uhs i have bought this is the first major problem that if keeping  for dispaly/use i would consider sending the model back i must say

will post some pics when photobucket works

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big m 2

the front mower doesnt stay up - or should it?

Yes, mine is rather like this too.  When you lift the mower, move a bit to the right and it should stay up - think there must be a pretty small locking catch on it.

I'm so grateful that UH have produced a 1/16th Ford 5000, and hope to buy one as soon as they are available. I'll probably order one from Farm Models as they are great people to deal with. :);)

But here we go again. >:(...........same as always...........lovely looking model spoiled by poor attention to detail. It's got the wrong stickers on the tank cowling, the correct one should say FORD Super Major, there should also be another decal on the side of the front cowling, white background with 5000 on it, And worst of all, yet again; they've got the sodding seat wrong. >:( >:(...........its in the "Tipped up" position so the rain runs off of it. No doubt it wont fold down as it should for driving. The seat cover moulded pattern is from the later "Force" range. The correct one had a thinner cover and a square panel moulded into the cushion with FORD lettering in it.  ::)  It was also a darker shade of blue than the tractor. The colour is spot on for the later type seat though. ;)

If I was building a prototype of such a tractor; I would want a full working explanation of the bits an' pieces and would very carefully study a hand book and some sales literature before I moulded anything.  :P::)

It certainly is a lovely looking tractor  :-* and the answers to my prayers, as I and many more of us will never have the opportunity to own an Ertl precision 5000 as they are now fetching well over two hundred quid.........assuming you can find one.  ;)

Hi Will, having got my DOE special edition one today there are even more discrepences than you mention but I'm not going to publicise them here. Rest assured ours will be right. Incidentally I guess this is supposed to be the revised 6X that we had in '67 and the decals are correct for this 67 bhp version as opposed to the first ('64-67) 65 bhp type that we are also doing which is as you describe. :) Britains did this version in '65 as I'm sure you're aware.

Perhaps I should start doing correction packs, I understand there are companies doing similar in other model lines. :)

)

Hi Will, having got my DOE special edition one today there are even more discrepences than you mention but I'm not going to publicise them here. Rest assured ours will be right. Incidentally I guess this is supposed to be the revised 6X that we had in '67 and the decals are correct for this 67 bhp version as opposed to the first ('64-67) 65 bhp type that we are also doing which is as you describe. :) Britains did this version in '65 as I'm sure you're aware.

Perhaps I should start doing correction packs, I understand there are companies doing similar in other model lines. :)

)

Now there that that is a bloody good idea Nigel!!

Sean... I see what you mean about the 5480 steering... weird... they seem to have something wrong with the geometry  :-\

What a shame  :'(

i had a deutz that did the same once marky, and it it needed was the metal lug that steers the internal steering wheel removed job done, prob the same, will let you know later when this ones apart and sorted

)

Hello Nigel,

Hope this isnt a stupid question...but when you say "Rest assured ours will be right", do you mean you will be correcting your own 5000 U-H purchase, or are you producing your own 5000? (certainly hope its the latter, as I have over 15 of your models already, and fantastic they are!!)

The SCALEdown 1/32s (yes 2 types to start with:'65 & '67 versions both 6X pre-Force, 65 & 67 bhp with different decals and toolbox) are still a couple of months away, after many years of development, I've only ever known 1 pattern maker do things right ( the guy that did most of our DB 990) and he's too busy making a model of Leamington Spa for Pete Waterman now ( I can't compete with his pocket  ::)>:() so I'm having to spend all my time in between running the company altering/correcting/adding-to the detail of the model patterns that I paid for 2 years ago, but with so many variants to come from this model in the future (+ we had one on the family farm that I drove from new for 8 years) I want it to be as good as it can be, though it's costing a fortune  :o. It will be different spec from the UH, no front weights,p.u.h. or p.a.s.but it won't be littered with FORCE features. Eventually I'd like to do a fully "loaded" spec one too  (S-o-S even!)

Problem is now, it's going to be quicker to get the SUPER DEXTA out than the 5000 as the bonnet is nearing completion and the instructions are the same as our existing Dextas whereas the 5000's all need to be done from scratch, (more midnight oil for me to burn).

The SCALEdown 1/32s (yes 2 types to start with:'65 & '67 versions both 6X pre-Force, 65 & 67 bhp with different decals and toolbox) are still a couple of months away, after many years of development, I've only ever known 1 pattern maker do things right ( the guy that did most of our DB 990) and he's too busy making a model of Leamington Spa for Pete Waterman now ( I can't compete with his pocket  ::)>:() so I'm having to spend all my time in between running the company altering/correcting/adding-to the detail of the model patterns that I paid for 2 years ago, but with so many variants to come from this model in the future (+ we had one on the family farm that I drove from new for 8 years) I want it to be as good as it can be, though it's costing a fortune  :o. It will be different spec from the UH, no front weights,p.u.h. or p.a.s.but it won't be littered with FORCE features. Eventually I'd like to do a fully "loaded" spec one too  (S-o-S even!)

Problem is now, it's going to be quicker to get the SUPER DEXTA out than the 5000 as the bonnet is nearing completion and the instructions are the same as our existing Dextas whereas the 5000's all need to be done from scratch, (more midnight oil for me to burn).

Thanks for that Nigel,

Very much looking forward to those two (and their varients!)

so has anyone that has the mf 5480 have any problems with it? or is everything in order with it? :-\

Only the steering geometry Matty... you can't steer and keep the front axle level at the same time  :-\ - no big deal for me... but not a good carpet farming model I would say...

SUPERB detail mind you  :-*

I have been informed that the 1:16 silver Fordson Major is now here. Although not individually numbered, they do come with a certificate. However, some of the certificates relate to the Doe 5000 and NOT the Major. One thing to look out for when you inspect the model.  Some more different 1:43 UH models are here as well.

I have been informed that the 1:16 silver Fordson Major is now here. Although not individually numbered, they do come with a certificate. However, some of the certificates relate to the Doe 5000 and NOT the Major. One thing to look out for when you inspect the model.   Some more different 1:43 UH models are here as well.

I've had a case delivered today... anyone want to see one  ???