Siku Model Issues - Report them here

Andy

Re: Siku Model Issues - Report them here

Too many limited edition releases, if you start to look at this from a logical point of view you will start to realise that Siku are exploiting the serious collector in a big way.

Detail is good, but if you compare the siku grey fergie to the Britains JD4020, the JD 4020 will win hands down, Have a good look at the front axle etc on the fergie........ what a load of tosh!

Why do we have to have this silly TIT on top of everything??

• 2 weeks later...

Well of course on can raise critic on SIKU "limited edition" policy, but you are comparing eggs with potatos. If I put it right, this topic is about quality issues not about the range of modells (and any grown-up collector can decide for himself about every purchase, so if collectors feel they need to buy everything, SIKU just feeds a existing desire). And in contrast to Britains, who are not able anymore to produce modells suitable for playing, SIKU is able to do so, even if this requires a "search- and rescue dome on the roof of latest tractors ;-)

Least I did not find any problems of attaching an older SIKU implement with a new SIKU tractor while old and new Britains implements are almost incompatible ... Britains Marston trailers get weak just be looking at them while SIKU implements even survived heavy playing experiments of my 3 year-old boy without any broken part.

Re: Siku Model Issues - Report them here

Too many limited edition releases, if you start to look at this from a logical point of view you will start to realise that Siku are exploiting the serious collector in a big way.

Detail is good, but if you compare the siku grey fergie to the Britains JD4020, the JD 4020 will win hands down, Have a good look at the front axle etc on the fergie........ what a load of tosh!

Why do we have to have this silly TIT on top of everything??

If you find any problems with new Siku Models you have purchased, submit all relevant details here.

Well of course on can raise critic on SIKU "limited edition" policy, but you are comparing eggs with potatos. If I put it right, this topic is about quality issues not about the range of modells (and any grown-up collector can decide for himself about every purchase, so if collectors feel they need to buy everything, SIKU just feeds a existing desire). And in contrast to Britains, who are not able anymore to produce modells suitable for playing, SIKU is able to do so, even if this requires a "search- and rescue dome on the roof of latest tractors ;-)

Least I did not find any problems of attaching an older SIKU implement with a new SIKU tractor while old and new Britains implements are almost incompatible ... Britains Marston trailers get weak just be looking at them while SIKU implements even survived heavy playing experiments of my 3 year-old boy without any broken part.

It says nothing in the title or first post about quality issues.  ;)

i guess its how its designed with the knob on top thats a fault to us sascha, we havnt had it before, and can see no need for it either, the old siku stuff worked ok without it, ok the doors didnt have glass, but why cant you just move the wheels yourself directly like most kids do, and not have that silly "german design tit" on top, just spoils the look of the model, if you look in the britains topic relavant to this you will see all the points about the hitch ect are in there, and not one person has said about the skiu hitch, hell most end up on any decent britains convo anyway

if thats the only faults we can find with siku, then they must ,and are doing well

your grown men your meant to display them not play with them  ;D  (errr....I meant the tractors :D)

They are precision made Toys. Designed to be played with.. No better stress relief available. Well perhaps........