I'VE DRIVEN MY FIRST REAL TRACTOR!

Lady Ferguson

Well today I pretty much had the time of my life. Simon very kindly offered to let me drive a new Massey... and it was absolutely fantastic!

This is the first pic I took of here.... she's just sooooooooooooooooooo beautiful and red :-*

pic11-1.jpg

Simon did the difficult bit and backed her out of the yard before we started

pic2-1.jpg

And then we went to a nearby field and I climbed into the driving seat

pic1-1.jpg

Now, due to my lack of forsight (and the fact that I felt a lot safer with Simon sat in the cab) I haven't actually got pics of me driving around field, but here is a view when I'd sort of got the hang of it and was allowed onto the road

pic3-1.jpg

I'll let Simon report on how he thought I did, but I didn't hit the car that was behind us when he showed me how to put into reverse ;)

And then there was this one that I fell in love with :-*

pic4-1.jpg

And this one that needed someone to fall in love with it :'(

pic5-1.jpg

A pic which Simon took (I swear after having a go at it with a screwdriver) in order demonstrate Massey build quality >:(

pic10-1.jpg

I found this behind one of the 'other' tractors:

pic7-2.jpg

And finally a pic of my Fave Toy Boy with his own tractor... he is such a sweetheart :-*:-* :-*

pic6-2.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, it's a feeling you can't beat and probably won't forget, I know I didn't (A Fiat 780 in 1992)!

true, i drove my first a while back, ok an older machine but so simple! ;D

and was tearing Fanny about the industrial estate today :D :D :D

Well done Mandy love... looks like a real mean beast as well... Noooo... not Simon... the tractor I mean  :D :D

Is it a "brand spanker"  ??? - it looks almost new (facelift model)... you told me it was a 6290  >:(::)

As for the 690  :o :o - what a great shape she is in... Pity the 65 is not so good... but she is a VERY old lady I guess  :-\

Glad you has a good time... and thanks Simon... I was always Bestist Toy Boy  :'(

I don't know how many times I can say... IT WAS FANTASTIC :-*:-* :-*

I have NEVER driven a tractor - I have sat in a combine (having to have a boost to reach the first rung on the ladder), ridden in the bucket of a JCB but never driven a tractor and I am Grrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeen

Only big open fields that I could drive about on...why d'you ask? ;D

(Actually I am open to any offers to drive any colour tractor... just for comparison you understand ;))

i'll join you! :D :D, gotta be open minded!

Well done Mandy love... looks like a real mean beast as well... Noooo... not Simon... the tractor I mean  :D :D

Is it a "brand spanker"  ??? - it looks almost new (facelift model)... you told me it was a 6290  >:(::)

As for the 690  :o :o - what a great shape she is in... Pity the 65 is not so good... but she is a VERY old lady I guess  :-\

Glad you has a good time... and thanks Simon... I was always Bestist Toy Boy  :'(

We weren't sure what model it was at the time of arranging... but this was a brand new demo model... did I say it was fantastic!

And sorry Marky... Simon's is bigger ;D

07 demo with 40 odd hours on it and the door handle's falling apart already  ::) ::)::) ::)

and the 690 has a broken air filter  :D :D

Simon, Take the Lady to drive a real tractor will you. :o Well I suppose you do have to start at the bottom ;D

Can't spoil her all at once i had to start at the bottom and work my way up  :D :D :D

looks like you had fun mandy, u have to love those old 690's dont ya, many a happy day spent working with one of those and other 600 series tractors

And to be honest... I know very little about them technically, but they could never be described as ugly.... I love 'em (in case I haven't said that already ;D)

:-*:-* :-*

8) 8) 8) 8)

For she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow. . ... and so say all of us!!

Groovey Mandy, glad your traqctor driving cherry has been popped and it was done in style too. I bet your smiling away still as you type. Great photo's. When you going for a spin on your own then with Simon making an mpeg?  :)