De-box a britains model competition!

JC

The best way to open the end flaps on the box without tearing them is to slide something thin like a knife in vertically from the top or bottom just at the corner and gently prise it out. Otherwise the way the flaps are designed to interlock means there is a pretty good chance of tearing the endflap it you just pull on it like jas did in the video. I like to keep all the packaging in as good condition when opening the boxes, so I always unwind the wires carefully with a pliers and store them in the box along with the little plastic things they are threaded through. I find that it doesn't take that long to remove the model carefully, certainly in comparison to how long you are going to have it sitting on your shelf!! UH models can be difficult though because they are so delicate.

We discussed this with the 6600, unlike most people though, I have a tendancy to throw the box's away, even dealer box's....... Much to the disgust of Barry and inspector clueso.....  ::)

how do i post a video??

who ever said you had to be delicate with a uh model??

MUHAHAHAHA

Never said you had to BE delicate with them, I said they ARE delicate. If you want to smash them up just getting them out of the box after paying for them that's your own business ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...

only 1 problem with all this mindless vandolism if you get it out of the box really quickily and youve ruind the tie downs and it turns out to be broken some shops wont take the product back as its not possible to secure it for transit back to the depo

Did two at Toyrtrac for MGU.

Case Puma - 8 minutes plus! :D :D

MF 1500 - 5 minutes plus.

No clippers or tools used!!

I can vouch for that.... I went off just after Kev started.... had a bacon roll.... took all the pics I posted... had a shave.... a coffee.... came back... waited around for a while... went off for a walk around again... uploaded my pics to Photobucket.... had another coffee.... had another shave..... and then HEY PRESTO.... he got it open  :D :D :D