What really PLEASED you?

Couple of good things....

Had a letter from the planners to say they're not taking any action following my neighbour's complaint about the extension and all of it, including the ever so slightly over height ridges, can stay in their entirety with no changes required.... ;D

And also, get this, it's brilliant, you'll love it.... ;);D The offer from the owners of next door and the surrounding land.... TO BUY IT :o So yes, that would make me my grumpy neighbour's LANDLORD! :o:D :D :D :D

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to raise the money while leaving me solvent enough to relax so I don't think I'll be taking them up on it, but it does mean that if he does buy it soon then we can finally get hold of a back garden ;D Means ripping out all the neighbour's veg patch mind you ;);D:D :D

Couple of good things....

Had a letter from the planners to say they're not taking any action following my neighbour's complaint about the extension and all of it, including the ever so slightly over height ridges, can stay in their entirety with no changes required.... ;D

And also, get this, it's brilliant, you'll love it.... ;);D The offer from the owners of next door and the surrounding land.... TO BUY IT :o So yes, that would make me my grumpy neighbour's LANDLORD! :o:D :D :D :D

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to raise the money while leaving me solvent enough to relax so I don't think I'll be taking them up on it, but it does mean that if he does buy it soon then we can finally get hold of a back garden ;D Means ripping out all the neighbour's veg patch mind you ;);D:D :D

nice i would buy the land at least, imagine the look on his face when you present that to him, and fence it all off from him :D :D :D

how did they ridge end up to high then?? surely if built to plan it must be right

Back to work next weds bit of spraying, topping and other odds sods thrown in to keep me busy :)  Lets hope get to take the Claas 697 back onto normal wheels and give it some stink on hauling and see how much difference chipping it to 180hp has made :D :D

Got eight loads of logs to deliver today ;D First stop is my accountants though as they have done my 08/09 books in time to get their approval faxed to the mortgage underwriters today. So today could be a very pleasing day :) :)

Got eight loads of logs to deliver today ;D First stop is my accountants though as they have done my 08/09 books in time to get their approval faxed to the mortgage underwriters today. So today could be a very pleasing day :) :)

Nice one Tris... good luck then mate - I'm sure it will go your way ;)

did i miss something about a house Tris?, or some movement on one?? ???:-\ :-\

nice i would buy the land at least, imagine the look on his face when you present that to him, and fence it all off from him :D :D :D

how did they ridge end up to high then?? surely if built to plan it must be right

It was and it wasn't Sean.... the main 2 storey ridge ended up about a foot higher than plan because the roof just wouldn't work otherwise, and I had to drop the eaves a foot to make it work too.... it was cutting into the original roof and the tiles would only course together at the valley if the rooves were at the same pitch. They said that was fine because while taller, it was still subordinate to the original house. The additional 'single storey' extension.... where the tractor room is.... is quite a bit higher for 2 reasons.... 1 because the pitch would have been too shallow for tiles and wouldn't have looked right anyway and 2 because the neighbour's drive is higher than ours and he would have been forever bumping his head on the gutter when he got out the car so we added another course of blocks to it, so 225mm mm [might have been 2 courses] to get it to work all round. I have ended up with a more useable loft space than I showed on the plans so it could have looked like I was taking the mick a bit but they're happy with it, and the finished article does look prettier than it did in the drawings....

I will buy the land whatever happens, probably let him take this year's crop of veg off it first before I go tearing it up but we do need a back garden, the front garden is nice but we really need access to the rear of the property and a house the size it is now does really warrant a larger garden than it currently has.....

I've got the week after next off work while the Mrs & kids are away to try to get the inside finished and then it's just the outside to complete. Once all that's shipshape I'm going to get it valued and there may be a move on the horizon..... I'd like to get away from neighbours and while I love my little house that I built just how I wanted it, but we've got some bad memories there too, Mrs H's cancer and all the hoo-hah with the neighbours so maybe a fresh start is what we need :-\ My mum wants to move out of the farmhouse and convert the barns so I'm hoping I can strike a deal with them to buy the big house off them so we can keep the farm together.... :-\ ;):)

Either way, onwards and upwards  ;D

just found out my cousin and myself are heading over to scotland for a week in july to do a bit of milking on a big farm over there. big rotatary parlour, milk over 200 cattle i think ::);D ;D ;D cant wait :)

good man, will be good experience before you start greenmount... and yes your going! :D;)

today in school in self defence class (stupidest class ever) ::) was fighting a fella who kept going for head punches not supposed to even do them told him to cop on >:( but he kept at it so i threw a right hay maker at him hit him right in the side of the head he didnt get up to fast i can tell you that much  :D

today in school in self defence class (stupidest class ever) ::) was fighting a fella who kept going for head punches not supposed to even do them told him to cop on >:( but he kept at it so i threw a right hay maker at him hit him right in the side of the head he didnt get up to fast i can tell you that much  :D

you not off on study leave yet lad?

We were doing a play in drama and i done a stage punch and teacher said it was one of the best that he ever seen that made me happer is i kinda hate drama :o:)

Funny how it works but it is always nice to get a compliment for something you don't like or can't do. Gives you a better outlook at whatever it is.  :)