What really PLEASED you?

Well as i pass the gate to the yard of my local tesco here at Goole -  there s a  Eddie Stobart truck waiting to going to shops  store yard back of shop   - theres only room for 1 at a time  so they sit outside gate but in  still main car park -- i could hear all this shoutting    "Stop  " Stop "  Stop  so i turned to see what going on well theres a new  white 62 plate BMW been drive by a very nice  lady -- only trying to back out of her parking space but the car was just about  to go under the hgv  there was no room for a mini never mind this big car --   I did t pleased me greatly i must say ::)  ::)  ::)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just checking in on here, catching up on the recent developments... apparently we are now  the "Fairy Tale Forum"!
so to enter into the spirit of things then, I won the euro millions, was elected king of France and lost my left arm fighting a wild badger. I bet you've all missed me...anyone?!

Now, down to why I'm actually really pleased, had a decent weekend betting on the football, (Wigan to beat Man city, and a 6 team accumulator, tidy) got another 12month contract at work (hurrah!), finished my NVQ in business, (finally!) and applied for a new job in work. Meanwhile Steph and I are awaiting a management company decision as to whether we can get a dog (cross fingers please), and I'm thinking about replacing the car. fancy something older, second hand, quirky... possibly room for a dog! So as i enjoy spending as much time on autotrader as possible this has pleased me greatly! 

Edited by AlexMF
  • Like 3

wild badger eh alex, any pics??? :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  good news on the job front, another year safe i guess 

100702_arm.jpg

yes here you are! I believe that qualifies as proof now-a-days

another 12 months and i'll be permanent, (pity the employer to be honest...) 

Edited by AlexMF
  • Like 1

nice dig at the fairy tales

100702_arm.jpg
yes here you are! I believe that qualifies as proof now-a-days

another 12 months and i'll be permanent, (pity the employer to be honest...) 

On the car front, series landy? Older, room for a dog and quirky

series 3, subaru forester, jeep grand cherokee... anything with room for a dog, comfy on the potholes/ speed bumps under 100k on the clock and under £3k to buy, under £300 to tax and under £1000 to insure.... 

i have just negotiated myself a samsung galaxy s4!! i'm a very pleased kind of guy at the moment!

What pleased me today, well finding out that everything going well with my wee boy, and finding out that no matter what I do, I can bring a smile to people's face through my stupidity

• Like 4

What pleased me today, well finding out that everything going well with my wee boy, and finding out that no matter what I do, I can bring a smile to people's face through my stupidity

only teasing mate... well done for coming clean, or cleaner anyway 

• Like 1

Wild bashers, Alex? I know the nightclubs can be rough up your way but I've never heard that to describe the clientele!! :lol: better than turning the light on and waking her up I suppose :lol:

Well, house coming together and due for being marketed on Saturday I think. No word back from sellers on our revised offer but there is no rush as our new mortgage kicks off beginning of July so a delay at this stage won't hurt as long as come the time to sell, it goes without haste.

Wild bashers, Alex? I know the nightclubs can be rough up your way but I've never heard that to describe the clientele!! :ha ha!: better than turning the light on and waking her up I suppose :ha ha!:

Well, house coming together and due for being marketed on Saturday I think. No word back from sellers on our revised offer but there is no rush as our new mortgage kicks off beginning of July so a delay at this stage won't hurt as long as come the time to sell, it goes without haste.

bashers? been on the cider me ode? 

sorry alex, that looks like a german arm to  me :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh: scooby forester eh, not seen one of them for a while now, used to be very popular this way for farmers wifes etc 

to be honest i think the scooby is edging it, more economical than the cherokee (prefer the look of the cherokee though in 1998 model). more reliable than the series 3, (as much as i want one).... something FSH and one careful mrs farmer giles owner would do me probably unless there are any other suggestions...?

A Massey man that gets a dog............bloody marky mk II you'll be Alex.

marky's not got a dog, I've seen what he's got on the nature channel, it's a bloody polar bear!

Tadaaa!!!! Scroll down....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/100825986694892/

thanks trissle, we are looking at rspca/dogs trust :) people are annoying on that page "rehoming as i'm not allowed dogs" well perhaps they should have checked before getting a dog?! 

Edited by AlexMF
  • Like 2

The up-beat mood of me old boy tonight on the phone,full of cancer,with a broken back and a hart attack this week to boot and he's happy as a sand boy going on about driving a MF 1100 on the hills in his younger days.

• Like 1