At Work With Powerstar - Contracting

Powerstarâ„¢

Great update and pics Luke, looks like you have been keeping busy over the winter :)

Suprisingly I have, havn't had many days sat around doing nothing. Had a few days off when it snowed because I couldnt get to work due to having a lowww car  ;D

Just looking foward to the main silage kick off now in just under 2 weeks!

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the kind words. The fleet is now

17 Deere's

1 Fendt

1 New Holland

1 Deutz

and at the moment we have 2 JD 6530 hire tractors in too, to help over summer.

so 22.

No silage pictures yet Cerin, The 2 farms that have picked up already carted their own trailers.

But no fear, in 2 weeks i'll be on the case!

Great update mate and good to see you back on here again :) :)

Have you got one of the new 6530's im guessing? What will the 7530 be used for? And all same gearbox? I look forward to the silage updates with having no access to silage i work always good seeing it going on :)

Cheers lads  :)

Yeah I have a 6530. The 7530 is used for ploughing, pulling the Vaderstad drill, Big square bailing, drilling with a combi-unit, and slurry injecting with the Joskin tanker.

All the gearbox's are normal Autoquad apart from one of the 6830's and the 7350 which is Vario (CVT)

Found a few more.

First pocture shows the UK's first 'Sand blaster' Slurry pump/Paddle/filler.

it was pictured in the middle of the Farmers Weekly last month. It can pump slurry and sand from the bottom of a pit and disperse it up to 100ft away. Impressive kit.

And the second picture is the Abbey 2500R With 'Lazy Arm'

a few of the boys from college were talking about us going to the one with the 30 nhs  and jds ,so it would be a good laugh if we were all on the same farm cartin silage  :D CB's all the way  :D

:D :D

I could see them putting you on a seperate channel Rich!

some yokes about you Luke  8)

Cheers Murray! Some kit now! They'll keep the 3 foragers occupied this summer  :)

Nice fleet then luke  :)

How finding 30 series for compared to 20's as on my 75 i wasnt amazed by its poke but it could because still being worn in (100hrs)

All of our tractors are chipped so the difference in power is noticeable, they are all pretty much the same as the 20 series really apart from the on-board computers and a few odd changes.

good to see you back Luke, nice pics! :) :)

Thanks Ben, been a while hasn't it!, Was worried you might of all treated me as the Blue smartie!!! :D :D

were the hell have you been young man  >:(

Great to see you back buddy... and don't leave it so long next time... or me and Big Holmes will come around and put a bat up your nightdress  >:(;D:-*

:o :o

To be fair I have had the old..err... natter , bit of banter , urm... jolly exchanges

Humourous remarks with you on Facebook, so I havn't totally left you! I'm sure everyone else managed to cope without me  :)

But like I said, i'm going to try and keep this thread full through summer  ;)

blue smartie indeed :D :D :D :D

quick lock the doors! :o :o ::)

*Gets out his I'm A Tractor Nutjob card*

"It's Ok he's one of us now"  ;D

blimey lukes in the house, hows tricks matey, certainly seems like your busy mate

He is! Hows things Sean!? Everythings well thanks, hope it is your end too! Yeah fairly busy at the moment. And still got it all to come! Roll on First Cut!