grain silos

well after a lot of looking round i gave up and made some of my own,one in ally (can't spell the full word) and is equlivant to a 8m high x 4.5 m wide silo they used to have on the farm,the black cylinder is equlivant to a 12 m permastore silo they had and ,is going to be painted blue with a white top ,got the measurements from my uncle so ther are acurate.going to hopefully fit ladders and hatches to them and make a p.t.o driven blower for the large one to load it,put a tractor next to them to give a size perspective,what do you all think

[attachment deleted by admin]

as they say with out getting my reply removed....the dogs nuts  ;D ;D!!!, its long over due omething like this!!! When are you putting them into production?!?  ???!, .....i envy u conversion guys for having the time, skill and patience!!!

no ihp it's actually a sheet of corigated ally from 4d models,gives a lovely effect ?with the ribbing,rolled it round the black tube and popriveted it together,hadn't thought about making the blower work,would be possible but the material would have to be very light.the black tube is an old fibre optic ?joint we used at work,they are ?obsolet now but i do know of a store with a few in,so might be able to nake a few more if everything goes to plan

cheers fenboy,there may be more on the way,the metal ones are a bit pricey so am looking at making a resin copy of the sheet corigated ally,can just paint them then.the only problem i have is time at the moment,thats why the marstons are in batches evere few weeks ,can't fit it all in

Hi Guys ,

the plastic rolls  of silage wrapping  centre tubes  might be ok for this job  , I had looked but thought they were a bit small , on seeing yours  here Sean  perhaps  they aren`t ............. what were the full scale  sizes you used?

These inner tubes thingys  I have were for the 750mm rolls so slightly longer than that  and they`ll be 3 or 4 inches across at a guess without looking properly.I`ll go check and  post !

John

hi

the scale worked out to the following

both origonals were 4.5 m wide at the base,which works out to 15 cm or? inches havn't got a ruleer to hand but i think thats 5 and a half  inches  there near as

hight was 8 m on the small one which was 25 cm

tall one was 12 m which is  37.5 cm

as i said these were sizes from  proper silos

the tubes i get from work are spot on in diameter and come at 3/4 m lenghts so can be cut down to suit

hope that helps

i just realised that brit,my measurements are out ,the tube is 150mm wide which makes a 4.8m dia silo,not quite the same size as the real one ,(.3m out) ,  but close enough,sorry ,i hated maths too,always thinking about going to the farm or footy,

i just mark the lines on a steel ruler with a scribe

or to be honest 9.6mm=1ft so unless you want to b absolutely correct you could use 10mm scale

3/8in  =1ft

• 1 month later...