Well... you learn something new every day.... Massey related I'm afraid !

Marky,

That's a nice MF 260 leaflet from Belgium I believe? There's a set of them like this for the 245, 275, etc. I have them in my collection. Amazing how each European country produced its own literature back then....and quite a challenge collecting them all now.

Drop me a line and I'll send you those pics of the collection.

Regards

R Day

Marky,

That's a nice MF 260 leaflet from Belgium I believe? There's a set of them like this for the 245, 275, etc. I have them in my collection. Amazing how each European country produced its own literature back then....and quite a challenge collecting them all now.

Drop me a line and I'll send you those pics of the collection.

Regards

R Day

Thanks Rory.. sorry forgot to mail you... wil do it in the am from work  :) - I never knew of it's existance until last week (the 260 that is)... I wonder how I missed it  :-[ - I've got the 245, 275 etc.... but I must have missed this one - seems it's not as rare as I thought... interesting engine though...AD4 203....

Interesting little tractor Marky, never heard of that one before. The only other record I can find of the AD4 203 engine in a MF is the 158F tractor, which I believe was Beauvais built and rated at 56hp {41.1kw}.

Presumably the 260 was an attempt to produce a tractor to slot in between the 250 and 265.

Interesting little tractor Marky, never heard of that one before. The only other record I can find of the AD4 203 engine in a MF is the 158F tractor, which I believe was Beauvais built and rated at 56hp {41.1kw}.

Presumably the 260 was an attempt to produce a tractor to slot in between the 250 and 265.

Yes i think you are right Allis... and... interestingly... the 165 was first released in the UK with the AD4 203 engine as well... laterly to be upgraded to the AD4 212 engine  :o

So basically... as you say... it bridges the gap between the 250 and the 265  :-\

ya the 203 turned up in the early 165 upto about 1971 or 72, easy identified, exhaust was on the left of the bonnet

wasn't the mkII MF65 a 203? or was i dreaming?........the the MkI was different

ya the 158 was a 203......kinda rare machine now

interesting, that pic has a oil reserviour connected to the bonnet on the right by the dashboard, was the brakes on that one hydraulic, and that was the reserviour?

ya the 203 turned up in the early 165 upto about 1971 or 72, easy identified, exhaust was on the left of the bonnet

wasn't the mkII MF65 a 203? or was i dreaming?........the the MkI was different

ya the 158 was a 203......kinda rare machine now

interesting, that pic has a oil reserviour connected to the bonnet on the right by the dashboard, was the brakes on that one hydraulic, and that was the reserviour?

Yes indded.... it looks brake related to me Pud... strange really... I wonder why... never seen another Massey like that  :-\

The MKII 65 was indeedy an AD4 203 as well..  ;) with the MKI being an A4 192  ;)

that was still effectively a two peice grill , where as the last of the 500 & the more mainstream 200 had the one peice

Sorry Marcus... I meant the engine and tranny in silver.... as oppose to Stonleigh Grey  :-[ - my fault... my post was too short... at least i knew what I meant  :D :D :-[