Claas Matador Review

CX820Joe

This little beauty arrived today - one of the first things thats obvious about it is how light the model is, this is probably because most of the combine models I've had in recent times have been big machines, and therefore heavy diecasts...it makes a refreshing change for a smaller combine to be modelled, though forty odd years ago it would have been a monster of the field.  Anyway, on with the photos...

DSCF0816.jpg

DSCF0817.jpg

DSCF0818.jpg

DSCF0819.jpg

DSCF0820.jpg

DSCF0824.jpg

The detail is stunning, as we've come to expect from UH - I tried to take some close up photos but I can't fathom out the camera's macro mode, but there are excellent touches like the alternate sieve on the off side, and the cab area is a work of art.  Hope you enjoy the pix :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 13 years later...
1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

A like has popped up on this topic...some memories there...its sad to say I have none of those models remaining except the Siku plough! 

Yep that was me, The very first combine I saw as a kid walking home from school was a Matador Gigant in one of the fields on the farm where I grew up, I'm hopeing to get a Marge 8900 and would love to get a Matador to sit beside it as a size comparison,

Regards

Joe.

6 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Yep that was me, The very first combine I saw as a kid walking home from school was a Matador Gigant in one of the fields on the farm where I grew up, I'm hopeing to get a Marge 8900 and would love to get a Matador to sit beside it as a size comparison,

Regards

Joe.

My farther used to run 3 Matador Gigants , when i was about 8 or 9 years old i had the 10 foot cut one the other 2 was 12 foot cut , when i was 12 years old i had one of the 12 foot cut ones ,i can clearly remember driving it up Needham Market High street one day when my school mates was all off to school ,my 6 weeks summer break from school used to last about 10 weeks :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

To add to my above post as i see SIMONG has clicked the like button ,we used to combine his grandads farm with the Matadors , and Simongs father used to cart the corn away with a ford 3000 and a ford 4000 and sometimes we had the 5000 on the trailor ,the trailers would have been 4 ton Wheatley:s .

• Like 2