Massey Ferguson 590

milo

Hi, this is my first post!!!

I have been collecting all sorts of farm models for a few years now and I have purchased a Massey Ferguson 590. As far as I know, its original, but with no box. I was just wondering how rare these are as I can't seem to find any of the net. There are a couple on ebay (one on a stand and conversions).

I will soon be posting up some models in my collection and I ve just started to create a layout so watch this space ;)

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

You need to be careful with the 590 as there is little to identify it from the 595 (apart from decal), but a genuine one is pretty hard to find, only being produced for a year or so. Its shame you dont have a box, but you can always buy a 595 boxed and put it in that, as I think the 590 came supplied in it too, although we have also seen variations on the French issue box.

If you have any more questions, please dont hesitate to ask, we are all willing to help, and looking forward to seeing your collection!

welcome to the forum milo1989, hope you enjoy yer self here  :)

not much to add to andy's reply , the 590 is a bit of a black sheep as genuine ones are rare,but replacement decals can soon make a 595 into a 590.

as of yet i dont think there is a diffinative way of recognising a genuine 590 from the more common 595 other than aged decals

thanks guys for making me feel welcome!!!

I bought it from my aunt who got it when she was young brand new, she said as far as she knows, nothing was changed. I'll put it on my shelf where it'll stay until I can find a sure way of authenticating it.

wat about the old transport boxes? I have one in orignal box with all bits

I also have a really old horsebox in its original box, will post pics when I get home tonight

Hello Milo... welcome indeedy to this wonderful place... I have recently purchased a true 590 with some history about it... Now I am no expert... but I believe things like the lift arms... the steering link, and the wheel type will "narrow it down" a bit... can you post us a picture of her please... not you aunty... the 590 I mean  :-[:D

if you need ANY help at all please feel free to send me a PM anytime  ;)

Hi Milo and welcome.    A genuine Britain's 590 can be very difficult to identify as said because the only difference is the bonnet decals. Produced in 1977 for that year only, it had the earlier 595 type metal lower linkage but I guess that if it's been in your family all this time you probably have the genuine article.

Look forward to seeing some of your other stuff. This place is a wonderful source of information, research and learning on these matters and there are a lot of terrific people here that help everyone to gain and learn from that knowledge.

Hi!

Good to hear that another MF guy have find his way to this forum! Massey Ferguson 590 is my absolute favorite Tractor modell. I love the 500 series, and have conversed some. I got a 575, 590 and 595. Also got one in original, cant destroy them all with my conversion..  ;)

post-987-132638680393_thumb.jpg

post-987-132638680397_thumb.jpg

yer what a great line-up!!!

I aint actually a MF fan, i prefer New Holland as ive worked around them all me life..

I will post some pics when i get home along with some of the others i have.

I havent got a great deal of old stuff as i sold most of it (stupid me) but i have alot of quite recent stuff, cant wait to get me hands on the new john deere 9530 and class liner :P

thanks anyway for your help!!

Umm... interesting Milo... I wonder if one person on the production line was putting the sticker on before the grill  ??? - would make sense... I would imagine at least 10 people on the line at any one time putting them together  :-\ - so it could be that 1 in 10 are like that perhaps  :-\

I have known of other models to come out where 1 in 20-30 had a specific screw missing - this was always put down to one line worker not doing his job correctly  :-\

Umm... interesting Milo... I wonder if one person on the production line was putting the sticker on before the grill  ??? - would make sense... I would imagine at least 10 people on the line at any one time putting them together  :-\ - so it could be that 1 in 10 are like that perhaps  :-\

I have known of other models to come out where 1 in 20-30 had a specific screw missing - this was always put down to one line worker not doing his job correctly  :-\

now that's noway to talk about FTF members Marky :D :D :D

it's a mind feild which ones are real and which are fake  :-\