The Lynch & Marlbrook - Farming with Simon

Simon

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, looking back through them I see I was rather lucky to be able to fanny about doing all these things for best part of 10 years without having to worry about the bloody mortgage.... of course, now I have one that all goes out the window!!!I'll find you some more when I get a few minutes....

i love ts's  :P i wish they bought one instead of the tl  :-[

I like the TL, I used a friend's 6635 with a Quicke loader - essentially the same thing - for carting straw one year and it was a super little tractor. The TS was a completely different kettle of fish though and right up there with the 7810 for greatness I reckon. You need to persuade them to get you one!! S/H money still strong though. Ours lost about ?4K over the 5 years we owned it, paid ?22k, PX @ ?18k.

Not bad!

nice pictures how did you get that picture looking into the grain cart it looks like you are on top of the combine is that right  :) :) :)

That's right, the old Dom had a nice big deck over the straw walkers, spent hours sunning myself up there while the old chap combined, lying back on the grain tank lid. Happy days!!

Thanks Kiwi, JDC, glad you like them.

very nice pics!!!

are the little bales hard to stack???

and can you stack them by hand or do you need a loader???

Yes! They're a royal pain!! You can move them around using an ordinary round bale handler in cotton reel 4's but you can't really stack them like that. All man handling unfortunately, and they're practically impossible to grip when wet!

• 1 month later...

do you have to lift them onto that wrapper  :-\ and about how much do they weigh then  ???

Sorry Rich, missed this one. Yes, you had to lift them onto the wrapper. They weigh anything around 1 to 2 conventional hay bale's worth, so can be awkward.

Here are a couple more taken over the weekend.

Took the T6030 out for a spin round the headlands with the Amazone KE303 power harrow...

More nice pictures Simon :)

Does the Amazone have the quick change clip and pin tine system fitted?

Thanks Gav. Yes, the 303 does, in fact I've got to pick 2 up to replace a couple of broken ones.

And that is a much nicer prospect than it was on our old Roterra!

Thanks Gav. Yes, the 303 does, in fact I've got to pick 2 up to replace a couple of broken ones.

And that is a much nicer prospect than it was on our old Roterra!

I'm not surprised, the thought of changing Roterra, or worse, Kverneland tines sends a chill down my spine as it can eat up nearly a day at times.

Our 4m Amazone had them fitted, it was brilliant, 2 of us changed the whole lot in the field one autumn in less than 20 minutes ;D

They are a superb development. I'm struggling to think of anything else so simple but with such a huge impact on productivity which has come along to challenge it.

I'm sure we'll get suggestions though..... hydraulic q-fit on loader attachments maybe?

I used to gas them off the Roterra, still took hours on a 3m wide one though. And invariably you ended up with oil leaking out the breathers because we tipped it onto it's back with the forklift....

They are a superb development. I'm struggling to think of anything else so simple but with such a huge impact on productivity which has come along to challenge it.

I'm sure we'll get suggestions though..... hydraulic q-fit on loader attachments maybe?

I used to gas them off the Roterra, still took hours on a 3m wide one though. And invariably you ended up with oil leaking out the breathers because we tipped it onto it's back with the forklift....

I'll agree with that :)

How about quick change drill coulter tips....that would certainly speed things up

This was our set up, not as easy to get at with the drill on board, and regarding the coulter tips, we would get through 2-4 sets a season on this drill each held on with two rivets or nuts and bolts in the end so changing them wasn't quick. Power harrow tines maybe 2-3 sets depending on conditions, this was on about 1300 acres of cereal drilling on abrasive soil

Amazone1.jpg

That's a nice little unit Gav, what harrow is it sat on?

Don't know how you'd get round a QR coulter tip, everything is a wearing part on them isn't it.

I suppose a fine rod on the back of the coulter going backwards through the spout to a pin on the back of it would do it, but would the fixings be sufficiently well protected on the back of the coulters? Hmmm, sounds like some R&D needed!

fair weight in those bales then :-\ that t6000 is nice  :P

It is a nice tractor, I'll give it that. the TS115 it replaced was an awesome machine, perfect for us, so this one had to be pretty special and we're pleased so far. It made it in time for the end of autumn planting but I'll have to take some time off to have a proper go on it on spring bean planting. I think it'll be ok though!

It doesn't seem to have been too bad so far. The TS115 was a bit thirsty under load but not bad considering how much I had it turned up (!) but this one doesn't seem any worse. That being said - it may just be the bigger tank!!

The 6040 Elite we tried in the first place was hugely thirsty when working. That 4 pot just had to be run flat out to do anything and it was constantly fuelling to get some power, no good at all. The 6 cyl machines are under far less stress and seem to amble along at much lower revs to keep a constant speed.

We don't do that much thirsty work so it's not something we tend to look into that much if I'm brutally [and environmentally unfriendly] honest.

It doesn't seem to have been too bad so far. The TS115 was a bit thirsty under load but not bad considering how much I had it turned up (!) but this one doesn't seem any worse. That being said - it may just be the bigger tank!!

The 6040 Elite we tried in the first place was hugely thirsty when working. That 4 pot just had to be run flat out to do anything and it was constantly fuelling to get some power, no good at all. The 6 cyl machines are under far less stress and seem to amble along at much lower revs to keep a constant speed.

We don't do that much thirsty work so it's not something we tend to look into that much if I'm brutally [and environmentally unfriendly] honest.

The TS135A where i help out now would go between 10 am and 5pm on a tank of diesel power harrowing on a 4m, that was shocking, mind you 6 hrs on a Simba Solo had the same effect