The Lynch & Marlbrook - Farming with Simon

Simon

ah i now where you are  :D nice farm you got ,wish ours was that tidy  :-[

me and my auntie want to concrete or tarmac our yard to make it look tidy , but my uncle says that the track machines and the lowloaders will turf it up so we cant  :'(

We had the same problem. In the end we had a load of road planings delivered when they re-surfaced the main road locally.

So long as you get them in the height of summer you can get them down like tarmac. Level them out in the heat of the day and hire a ride on vibrating roller. Keep rolling them down and they go rock hard. Round here it's ?4 a tonne delivered off the roadworks, ?8 ex yard.

We did the main route between yards so it gets grain lorries over it as well as all our kit, the odd 360 digger and the cattle. We've not had to do anything to it for best part of 10 years.

Some nice gear there - that 7810 :-*:-*

Keep the pics coming ;)

Thanks, will find some more this morning.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go, some more of the 7810, she seems to be popular..... also the 1910, bought new in 1985 and sold in 2001, I learned to drive on it!

One of the Cergos 350 too, our last Renault. It and I never really bonded, more because I wasn't liking Renault as a company than any major faults with the tractor...

post-1414-132638694528_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638694541_thumb.jpg

Here you go. There are some more coming, just got to find them....

These are from 3 or 4 years ago so it's TS115, 4135, Dom 85, Fraser trailers and various other bits and bobs.

Why can't we have springs, summers and autumns now like we seem to have had then?????

post-1414-132638694556_thumb.jpg

Here are some from the last days of square baling. This is the one operation I REALLY miss. It was bloody hard work but there is something about bale bumping in June which makes you really appreciate being alive....

One small hitch though, comes to us all in the end....!

Great pictures there simon. It is great to see a clean farm there is really no excuse for it to be dirty. The small wrapped bales of haylage in the NE of scotland were 12 pounds each this year  :o We were getting big round bale of haylage for 10 pounds each delivered. The second you add the the words good for horse's you pay a fortune.

Crikey.... makes me wonder if we should have persevered with them!

Here are a few more....oh, that was the 4135 with a Browns flat 8 grab on it before by the way....

Even the cars get pressed into action on our farm.... who says Discoveries and Range Rovers never venture off tarmac.....?

And here, for one time only, is one for Marky.... my mate's 6180. He got married in the summer and guess what he came to church on.....

Yes, his new 6480....

post-1414-132638694564_thumb.jpg

post-1414-13263869457_thumb.jpg

The pictures of the square baling bring it all back. Helped my mate do 8 acres of hay this summer we hand stacked them all and hand loaded the trailers. 1993 was the last time I had helped with them when my dad used to work on a farm all the hay and straw was small bales, several thousand of each.

Well at least the bales didn't burst ;D

New Holland 276 baler.... when it was on song it made a cracking bale. Of course, as seems to be their want, eventually the plunger gives out, making a big bang, lots of dust and throwing the baler a couple of feet in the air. Hence we make no more small bales!

Here you are then, last ones for today.

I have enjoyed this, great going back through these old photos..... makes me want to quit the rat race and go back to it.... must be a way of making the numbers stack up somehow...

7810 on corn carting, loading off the Dom 85 with 10t Fraser, second one, at the yard with 10T Griffiths....

We had the same problem. In the end we had a load of road planings delivered when they re-surfaced the main road locally.

So long as you get them in the height of summer you can get them down like tarmac. Level them out in the heat of the day and hire a ride on vibrating roller. Keep rolling them down and they go rock hard. Round here it's ?4 a tonne delivered off the roadworks, ?8 ex yard.

We did the main route between yards so it gets grain lorries over it as well as all our kit, the odd 360 digger and the cattle. We've not had to do anything to it for best part of 10 years.

we got the kit to do it as we got a plant hire and a farm running alongside each other :) we get road planings for free  ;D as my uncle works for a tarmac contractor  :) we got about 100 tonne stock piled ,we use it on the road/tracks to the fields as they always are soaking in the winter  :)

i love ts's  :P i wish they bought one instead of the tl  :-[