The Lynch & Marlbrook - Farming with Simon

Simon

Thought you might like to see some of our kit and know a bit of background about me as a new member.

We farm just under 300 acres on the Herefordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire border.

Just over 200 acres are share farmed.

I now work for an interior fit out contractor designing offices but prior to that I have worked for Renault Ag at what was their flagship uk branch - CRA Ludlow and before that for William Davies Honda, and ag engineer with a Honda ATV franchise.

I'll dig out some photos of Renault - was a super little dealership, unfortunately it was just before the huge restructuring and it closed down after only 2 years of operation.

Below are some pictures of our kit. The TS was replaced this autumn for the T6030+. I'll post some photos of the rest of our kit when I get the chance.

The Dominator combine will be one of my first conversion / scratch attempts for 15 years, watch this space!

Simon

post-1414-132638682263_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638682267_thumb.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The little fiat - painted blue and badged Ford 4135 - is a corker on the loader.

It's really well matched to the 610. Because we have quite a few orchards on the home farm we need something a bit smaller, she's ideal.

Seems to have plenty of lift, will just manage to shunt fert bags around and she drives a KV 2.7m flail topper round the orchards. It's the old man's pride and joy although she doesn't look it at the moment!

Thanks Spud, will get some more up when I get a few minutes, we've got quite a nice range of fairly new well maintained kit, quite proud of it!

Glad you like them Marcus..... if the blue hurts your eyes the orange will no doubt blind you...........

I'll certainly find some, we had boatloads of events but I don't remember taking many photos - it was in the days before camera phones and affordable quality digital cameras..... you know technology makes us get old quicker?!

I remember one good session I had snapping some of my 'rig' before a delivery.... I'll try to find them this evening.

It's a bit unfortunate that I didn't take a great deal of pics, was quite a nice bit of modern history.

In light of this and as the building - although lightly modified - is still there and I get on well with the new occupant, I'm going to attempt a 1/32 of it. Need to start collecting Renaults though..... and transits... masters.... fastracs.... lowloaders.... kubotas..... mcconnel kit..... the list goes on....

Took these this morning, bit dark and it's stuffed in a corner at my house while I'm extending, but here's a couple of the Manitou. It replaced a 1984 Sambron J24s rear steer mono boom loader we've had from new back in the autumn. Not got round to tidying it up yet but once I've been over it we're hoping she'll last for years!

The Dominator is a peach, she came from a contractor at Clifton in 2006 to replace the 1978 Dom 85 we'd run since 1998. Only slight downside is the header is only 12' - not a major problem as it's 8 miles by road from field to store and we only run 2 trailers on one tractor so it actually isn't a downside at all!

post-1414-132638682667_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638682671_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some lovely photos there Simon. Nice looking machines and a clean home fpr them too. That TS looks like it would have been a superb buy for someone. Shame to have to let her go at all really but times must move on I guess. Again, nice pics and welcom to the Flid Pit!!  :D

Excellent pictures mate........Love the one of the TS with the sidelights on........ :)

Ha, yes, the sidelights. A friend and I 'pimped our rides', the TS & a 6180 - turned the lenses upside down to give clear indicators and amber sidelights, then fitted amber repeater bulbs. Simple things.....

Been ploughing today on the 6030, nice change over christmas, will get some photos and post them later this week.

Glad you like them Marcus..... if the blue hurts your eyes the orange will no doubt blind you...........

I'll certainly find some, we had boatloads of events but I don't remember taking many photos - it was in the days before camera phones and affordable quality digital cameras..... you know technology makes us get old quicker?!

i think most of us 35+ wish camera phones & digital camera's were about back in the day , would of saved a lot of money on developing & batteries , & film etc,etc.

grief !

did i say back in the day ?

i'm starting to sound like jdc  :D  :D

you know technology makes us get old quicker  :(:D:-\

sure i've read that earlier today ?

• 2 weeks later...

Is that a Dexta parked up  :-*:-* ;D

It is, we bought it in 1983 I think. Used to be accompanied by a Lambourn cabbed 135 and a Ford 1910 4WD with a Lewis loader. They're long since gone but the Dexta remains. She's not done anything for probably 5 years now, got a flat tyre tedding hay, sat in the field for 6 months before being towed in and parked up.

Only needs a tyre and an hour or so going round her but it's one of those things that will never happen!

More pics, Sulky DPX Prima 1800 fert spreader.... Not as well washed as it would usually be but the old man was on it last!

post-1414-132638691612_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638691616_thumb.jpg