The Lynch & Marlbrook - Farming with Simon

Simon

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple more....

Sambron J24s mono boom loader. Bought new in '84, been replaced by the Manitou but since I've pinched the Manitou to use while buildingthe extension the farm is stuck still using it. 3 cyl Deutz air cooled engine, weird & wonderful noise. 2 speed hydrostatic. Looks like it would withstand a direct hit from an RPG. Closing the engine cover is a 2 man job. Weighs about 5 ton, lifts 2!

Ford 4135DT, another bad picture of it, Ill get a decent one of it when it gets into the field.

post-1414-132638691655_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638691658_thumb.jpg

nice kit you got there

all ways good tio have a tidy farmer

Thanks, it's taken years to get the fleet about right. Few other bits need updating, Lemken plough should be traded up from DL110 4f to DL120 5f - bit pointless pulling the 4 behind the T!

Some really nice tackle you have there mate........

Nothing wrong with being a tidy freak, makes the place a pleasure to work........ :);)

It is nice having everything clean and dry. To be able to walk round the whole place in ordinary shoes even in the depths of winter is pretty unusual for farms round us but makes me much more inclined to do things!

I've found my old photos this morning...

If you want to see more then stick a post up and I'll scan some more in to put up..... I have hundreds....!

Here's a couple of our old 7810, 1990 SQ F3 which we had from 1998 to 2001....

post-1414-1326386942_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638694216_thumb.jpg

I've got some better ones of her in another box which I'll fish out.... there's a nice one somewhere when she was clean with a 10t Griffiths trailer on....

Couple of the other tackle.... This time we're on mini baling duties!

post-1414-132638694231_thumb.jpg

Hopefully these will get a good response...... I've been having a flick through some of the boxes and it always seemed to be sunny....!

I do have some gorgeous photos of various operations around the farm, some quite unusual like the mini baling.

If there's enough demand I'll get a load of them posted up. Sorry, these are all scanned form 32mm by the way so the quality won't be that great.

Let me know what you all think.

Keep posting Simon.Love to see some of the old stuff.Whats the idea behind the mini bales??Horses?? This is the first time I've ever seen them.

F

Yes, we started it in 1996 ish specifically for the horse market. We made and sold the bales directly from our own grass and also contracted it out to both dealers and horse owners. Was very time consuming and eventually it got wound up. The baler is now on one of the tiny Scottish Isles, Skye or somewhere. They bought it because small kit is all they can use.

wow, look at the size of the baler!!! :o :o :o:) :)

nice pics! :) :)

It stood about 3'6" tall and we wheeled it around by hand! The most power that went throught it was 127 horse out the back of the TS115 turbo.

whats the price on one of those then  :-\ i bet it cant be much differant with a convensional bale  ???:-\ if you dont mind me asking  :)

From memory we sold the for about a fiver a bale. Contract rates were about ?3 a bale. The most surprising sale was when I took 25 to Abergavenny fodder sale and a hill farmer paid ?6.50 a bale for the to put into the worst looking sheep. The downside was I had to deliver them at half houlage rates to the arse end of Aberdare. No one had mentioned this to me before the sale so I was a bit miffed about it!

Very nice pictures mate........Keep posting........ :)

Is that a Renault Ceres there too?

That's right. I think some of the photos imply it was an 85x but was actually an S, may even have been a Tracfor version, Renault's 'equivalent to a Stockman Special or similar. We bought it new in Summer 95 from the dealer I worked part time for, so beginning a relationship with Renaults that continued for 6 years until 2001 whe our Cergos was traded in for the 4135.

you would love to put that baler on the back of a tm190 - it would look like a model ha ha!

I've got a feeling someone tried..... All it needed really was a 3pt linkage. Which was an option on the competition.

Thanks all, will find you some more tomorrow.

From memory we sold the for about a fiver a bale. Contract rates were about ?3 a bale. The most surprising sale was when I took 25 to Abergavenny fodder sale and a hill farmer paid ?6.50 a bale for the to put into the worst looking sheep. The downside was I had to deliver them at half houlage rates to the Bum end of Aberdare. No one had mentioned this to me before the sale so I was a bit miffed about it!

where abouts are you from mate , as they are are not far from me  :) i live by swansea  :)