The Lynch & Marlbrook - Farming with Simon

Simon

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures mate and a smart line up of kit, Fendt looks and goes well on the Vaderstad. :)

Thanks Dave, it does mate... I've been looking this morning at the Britains, Siku & UH offerings for both.... reckon I can recreate this set up fairly easily for my layout when I get that far ;);D

Thanks Dave, it does mate... I've been looking this morning at the Britains, Siku & UH offerings for both.... reckon I can recreate this set up fairly easily for my layout when I get that far ;);D

Look forward to seeing that scene recreated in your layout mate, definitely some decent shelf models to start with of the real deal in your photographs. Anymore progress on the model farm? Or are you busying yourself with that mighty fine Renault? :)

Not done anything else on the layout since knocking up the dutch barn.... that will get going again after Spalding.... got less than 2 weeks to get the Renault finished so it's every spare second on that at the moment! :-\ :D

Not much now Cerin, I used to do all of it, including the combining.... sadly I now have a f*in big mortgage to pay and our busiest times at work coincide with the busy farming times, from spring through to autumn planting, so I get to do very little.... I had a few days corn carting last year, and I'll dive in and do a bit of ploughing or working down if I get the chance, topping etc, don't get to 'see many jobs through' though so to speak :(

My ultimate goal- the one I haven't yet worked out how  to achieve but I'm already working toward it - is to get away from the office job and back to the farming.... right now I'm bloody lucky to be in the position I'm in so while so many other people are losing their jobs and homes, I'm not going to be wishing away the security and income I have at the moment :-\

• 1 month later...

She was a beauty mate... I made a big tool box for the front of it and a weight hanger to drop a set of 50 series Deere weights on way out front... I loved that tractor.... wanna come for a bar-by this weekend mate? Will call you ;) But not tonight.... pi55ed :-[::):D

Do you have any trouble with your Marsk Stig cambridge rolls Simon? Ours are forever breaking.

We've not had any problem with the rolls, but they're only narrow... maybe that helps ???

good pics simon  ;)

Cheers Murray....not done an update for a while, all a bit quiet at the moment ;)

• 1 year later...

just stumbled over this topic, great pictures of the farm and your machinery simon (that ford 7810 back afew pages is smart) , must come and visit oneday ...  ;):)

Let me know when you're about next Rich and I'll take you for the tour, I'll run you across to Marlbrook too mate  :)

I ought to do some updating on here, not touched it for a while!  :-[

Thanks Alex, it's a bit lax to be honest, not really had much chance top do anything farm-ish of late.... have promised myself some corn carting this summer, my son is big enough now to want to tag along, so *hopefully* some nice photos of good old fashioned British cereal harvest on their way....  :-\ :)