MJB1's MASSEY FERGUSON 168

MJB1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm certainly looking forward to this years event its on the 21st and 22nd of august i believe if you want somewhere to stop over i'm sure i have enough room to accomadate you for a night or two!

I'd like to mate.. will have a word with my mate Ray... see if I can hire his trailer for the day

I'd like to mate.. will have a word with my mate Ray... see if I can hire his trailer for the day

err.......... think you may want a flat bed transit & trailer as you'll have a cultivator going back with you , unless of course you take it back the weekend of octobers toytrac

i'm certainly looking forward to this years event its on the 21st and 22nd of august i believe if you want somewhere to stop over i'm sure i have enough room to accomadate you for a night or two!

just as you replied , mad said i daresay mark can use one of the spare rooms here ! ;D

you're in demand mark ! will see if mjb1's mummy will up the stakes , as shes only in the village next to dillington park !

i'm doing full english and tour of mf machines! beat that!

well mads is going to give breakfast in bed whist wearing a french maids outfit with a touch of personal room service with a double helping on offer .....................fnar,fnar  :P :P :P

she might even fluff yer pillows  :of

have you informed mads about that marcus? ??? ?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  if mads is doing breaky for anyone they will need to stave themselfs for several days prior to the stay , only way they could eat it all

remember the snack she rustled up do you mate

Picture051Small.jpg

tris & mark didn't do too bad either  ;D

Picture052Small.jpg

Picture050Small-1.jpg

Right then... Round Tims for the afternoon.. tour of MF's... down the pub... back to Tim's... full english... through Mad's bedroom window in the small hours... wake up to french maid service.. and a large sausage  ;D:-*:-*  ... then off for a days messing about with tractors  :-*:-* :-*

Life just doesn't get better than that really  :)

could a student eat that much?? :D :D :D :D

well, i ate 4 meals on tuesday, then got hungry and had to order a 12" pepperoni pizza at midnight.....

what are you going to ask next? whether i can take my ale  ;D

• 3 months later...

been playing with the 168 the past few days & most of the pictures are on the farm shows topic , but here's a few from the yestedays farming weekend

yesterdaysfarming2181036Small.jpg

yesterdaysfarming2181038Small.jpg

yesterdaysfarming2181063Small.jpg

even had a dynometer at the show & tim & i decided just to see what sort of power our tractors were throwing out

yesterdaysfarming2181028Small.jpg

the book rates the 168 as 68 HP max engine HP but only 59.4 HP at the shaft, mine threw out 51 HP so im 8.4 HP down 

the book rates tims 590 as 79 HP max engine HP  but only 67.7 HP at the shaft, Tim's threw out 61HP so he's 6.7 HP down

not bad considering their ages

• 4 weeks later...

well thanks to tractortimmeyounglads loan of a rather splendid original condition MF 712 manure spreader i have (albeit a couple of months later than planned) done this years dung spreading at the croft !

dung159104Small.jpg

dung159101Small.jpg

dung159105Small.jpg

dung159107Small.jpg

dung1591010Small.jpg

dung1591012Small.jpg

have got a vid but is currently uploading , will post the link soon as ......... :)

bet it was a lot easier this year with that compaired to the link box and a fork eh mate ;D ;D ;D  does look a tidy bit of kit mind for its age ,cant be to many left working now

too right mate , the spreader would be a real canundrum for some enthusiasts sean , like kevs now markys 35 it's all complete bar a few bits & would be the ideal candidate for restoration , but on the other hand it's so genuinely authentic , right down to the W SPARROW, agricultual engineers transfer that is still just readable & that would be awfully hard to recreate  got to remember most of these spreaders have long gone