MJB1's MASSEY FERGUSON 168

MJB1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIGHT.......THAT'S IT.....................NOW I'M REALLY JEALOUS.  >:( I WANNA TRACTOR TOO  :(

I'm not a great fan of Massey tractors, but that looks like a goodun to me. Well looked after, all there and very straight for its age. (Got a real soft spot for 165's) Looks like it wont take a lot of money to get it looking smart. Have you got the Diana's for it. (Doors  ;D )

What's the difference between a 165 and a 168 if you'll pardon my ignorance.

Nice looking tractor,and they always look better on the bigger rear tyres. I wont ask you how much you paid for it because I expect you got it sickeningly cheap.  >:(. Perhaps you could tell us more about its history and the hours etc. Cheers ol' kiddy.  ;):)

Looks like you'd better put your hand in your pocket and get one as well now Mr Pullen  ;D

Just taken a closer look.... she's in pretty fine shape actually mate.... tinwork looks good from here  :P

you knever know mate, not the usual thing you find in a garage  in plymouth mind :D

are you going to "tart" her up or leave her how she is?

leave her be for now , maybe in time , i'll have a go at it  :)

Well done Marcus... when do you pick her up then mate ???

She looks nice & straight... and you've got a cab... you lucky sod  :'( :D :D :D

So come on then... some more details please...

Hours ???

History ???

MP ???

:P :P :P

not just a cab , but PAS as well , there was another there without PAS with a loader :-\

history : fairly local , ex -deverill tractors from shaftsbury

hours: if i remember rightly 1400 approx

MP : ohh yes, & it works very well , so no big bills there

Marcus you dapper get, you!! She looks mint ex-farm to me son. Where dya find her? She's a right stunner, you found a goodun. . . . well done mate. When do I get a drive? Will you get a trailer and move all your home contents yourself?!

Marcus you dapper get, you!! She looks mint ex-farm to me son. Where dya find her? She's a right stunner, you found a goodun. . . . well done mate. When do I get a drive? Will you get a trailer and move all your home contents yourself?!

will you need help from at least 2 eger member to if you do that eh tris

What's the difference between a 165 and a 168 if you'll pardon my ignorance.

about 8 hp & 6 inches ;)

Looks like you'd better put your hand in your pocket and get one as well now Mr Pullen  ;D

Just taken a closer look.... she's in pretty fine shape actually mate.... tinwork looks good from here  :P

all good mate , no rust holes , surface rust obviously, & a small dink on the top of the bonnet that can be pushed back right as it's not a crease & O/S rear wing is pulled down a bit , other than that it's all straigt , a few pannels missing  but nothing that can't be found on my travels  ;)

didn't get a top link, or the hook for the PUH , but as said , they can be found easily enough

will you need help from at least 2 eger member to if you do that eh tris

great  !!  volounteers !!  looking at the 2nd-3rd feb  :D :D :D

Nice buy Marcus - next door neighbour has one with a Duncan cab but no MP - hope that PAS is working okay as it can be expensive to fix :(

the MP is fine on it nash & the steering linkage , is good & responsive

Yes a very nice straight orignal machine! what is the braket on the front for? is it to do with a loader?? are you going to give her new shoes?? hope ya get on well with it! ;)

thanks db1410 the bracket is for an MF 80 loader, new shoes , will have to save for 'em but they'll do for now , running at about 30%

oh yeah , chaps getting a new clutch before i pick it up , as i was a bit dubious haveing seen the brackets & was near the top of it's travel

If it's only got 1400 hrs that's a real find....last you forever.  :D

knowing my luck it was 14000 & the clock stopped working in 1978 :D :D :D :D :D :D :-\ :( :'(