MJB1's MASSEY FERGUSON 168

MJB1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you and the father in law, would aid to your collection to then, mind you find one for mark to buy and save the money but get the use sounds better

well this is the crux of the problem sean , yes it would be nice to have our own spreader , but cant really justify the cost for a machine that would only get used for one afternoon per year.

Mark who ???    >:(:D :D :D

too funny  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brilliant... I am dead jealous mate... that looks like soooooo much fun

too right it is mark , but just like when you drive mavis for no particular reason at all , you just can't help but smile , & it's probably a bigger smile than when you drive the 54 :)

looks like it went ok even with my heath robinson ratchet strap! drop it back when ever you want and feel free to leave your tractor out there if you want!

thanks for that tim , leave the tractor there ? you havent knackered yours again have you ?  ;D ;D

ahh will be taking it back as may well start doing bit's n peices to it  :)

Tidy spreader, probably lastest so well because no one wanted to use ground driven rear discharge spreaders, most people moved on to rotospreaders. One load a year is ok but why not borrow a rotospreader off a neighbour ?  ;D

tried that a couple of years ago , but was told  ' i can't keep lending my machinery out '  :of  ??? 

Great old spreader and just look at that grin when cultivating.  :D

grin was so big the top of me head was in danger of falling off john  ;D ;D

Very nice video Marcus. I hope you didn't have to load the spreader by hand, and spread all the land :D;)

Texas

had a hand from the landlegend for loading mate  :)

dung159105Small.jpg

• 4 months later...

well the last 3 months or so have been a bit barren for the old girl , but i have decided to bring her home , so i can get out & spuddle about as & when i want .

having noticed the rear lights were starting to shake about , i found the mudguards have rusted so thin they needed patching , so with the loan of a gasless MIG i set about burning holes & sculpturing pidgeon $H1T in a vain hope to re-attatch the lights  ::)

trouble is the mudguards are pretty thin now & trying to get something half decent to weld to wasn't easy . not being a MIG man at all my efforts were pretty bad , but i don't think with a stick i would have done any better with either 

for got to take a picture till i'd started , but here's from the underside , you can see the new shiney tin through the holes

weldingpatchrepairsSmall.jpg

weldingpatchrepairs1Small.jpg

weldingpatchrepairs12Small.jpg

weldingpatchrepairs11Small.jpg

now i have only ever had one complete front side / marker light on the mudguards & considering the cost of new 'authentic' ones i decided to leave it that way , the other as you see in the pictures had no lens , (not that the lights work anyway  ::) ) but at last years yesterdays farming show i bought some cheap look a likes & at £1.50 each i've made a huge saving to say the least !

but alas it's never that easy , the old screws were rusted in & again the tin was so bad i decided to ahem for the want of a better word 'weld' more patches  :-\

as with the rear patches some metal filler will be used to calm the horrors of my welding down  :-[

weldingpatchrepairs2Small.jpg

weldingpatchrepairs4Small.jpg

weldingpatchrepairs5Small.jpg

weldingpatchrepairs9Small.jpg

weldingpatchrepairs6Small.jpg

weldingpatchrepairs7Small.jpg

weldingpatchrepairs8Small.jpg

as you may have noticed in past pictures  the grill had been painted all grey& seeing as i was restless after a few cups of tea, i decided to fire up the drill & wire wheel attatchment & get the old paint off as well as the hobby dremmel thingy to clear a few hundred holes where the paint had 'filled'

weldingpatchrepairs10Small.jpg

weldingpatchrepairs13Small.jpg

& thats about as far as i've got this week !

so just need to get some metal filler & a drop of paint to stop the rust startting again.

now then a freind  asked me to buy something on ebay for him , of which i duly did, as he is in the process of rebuilding a MK1 landrover in his garage , but he needs a sand blaster for the chassis , so this is what he's bought , will see how things go with it & report the findings

paulsandblastkitSmall.jpg

doesnt look to bad really for a first go at that type of welding mate, bit more grinding down and some fine filling she wont look to bad at all, are you going to remove the loader bracket on the front then??? she doesnt look quiet right with that in place, but a weight hanger well ,nough said

Good to see some action in here Mr B... and there is NOTHING wrong with that welding buddy either... thin, rusty sheet metal... that's a professional job I reckon mate... fair play !

I've got a gas-less mig in my garage... never even used it yet - what are they like mate ???

do you intend to put a flexi clad on her in the end marcuss ??

maybe nigel , but i'm in no rush  :)

doesnt look to bad really for a first go at that type of welding mate, bit more grinding down and some fine filling she wont look to bad at all, are you going to remove the loader bracket on the front then??? she doesnt look quiet right with that in place, but a weight hanger well ,nough said

i's not my first go with a MIG sean although is a first with gasless ! the loader bracket will go one day but it's ok to hang the chain from for now

Good to see some action in here Mr B... and there is NOTHING wrong with that welding buddy either... thin, rusty sheet metal... that's a professional job I reckon mate... fair play !

I've got a gas-less mig in my garage... never even used it yet - what are they like mate ???

never really had to weld much in the way of tin , it's usually the heavy guage stuff i'm used to , bit of a learning curve for me mate !

as for the welder , seems ok , this is all i've done with it though