last ever mccormick cx from doncaster

Goodhead

Did any one follow this?

They auctioned off the last ever CX ever made at doncaster.

I just found a pic of it and thought it would make a good model. 

If mccormick commisioned the silver jubilee, why didn'nt they do a model of the cx with fancy union jack livery.

Would of been a great model along side the silver jubilee mtx 175

post-20-132638693796_thumb.jpg

There was some discussion about it at the time between UH and McCormick. The problem was that UH's McCormick CX105 had the low-profile cab roof while the last-ever CX 105 from Doncaster was a full-spec model. It would have been ready-made for a special edition if it wasn't for this.

Someone did start selling a custom-built version on eBay although I never actually saw the real model; they used a scan of the tractor on the front cover of Classic Tractor to try to sell the model, which asking permission, so sadly I had to ask them to remove the picture, but not the listing.

R Day

I don't know where you heard that but it's incorrect, it's actually gone to Cambridgeshire to SR and CA Haylock

http://www.srhmachinery.co.uk/files/stock/homepage.htm

Appologies Gav. The article I read about it was obviously a bit wrong although the name was right.  ::)