Claas Senator/Dominator

JEP

Wonder if we will ever see a Senator or early Dominator (80/5 - 100/5) from U-H.

I think it would be a natural progression from the Matador. Suppose it largely depends on the success of the aforementioned.

Would love to see one of these Claas classics in 1:32nd........ ::)

Any one else feel the same way?

Too right, no-ones ever finished a Senator model (yet-to my knowledge, ) and I ran a Dominator 80 from 1985-98 so I'd have a few as I doubt they'd do a11' header like mine so I'd have to customise one (13' was more usual-though there was another 11' from the same estate where mine came from 2nd hand).

I'd go for a Dom. We had a '78 reg Dom 85 with 13' cut for nearly 10 years. Recently been replaced with the 78S with 12' table.

Any Dom would be nice but I think the 98SL is probably the world's greates combine..... second hand prices reflect that too. UH would definitely be the boys for the job.

Too right, no-ones ever finished a Senator model (yet-to my knowledge, ) and I ran a Dominator 80 from 1985-98 so I'd have a few as I doubt they'd do a11' header like mine so I'd have to customise one (13' was more usual-though there was another 11' from the same estate where mine came from 2nd hand).

Hi Nigel,

Bet that was quite rare in its day, an 11ft Dom, as you say more usual to see 13 or 15 (or even 17 on 100/5's).

I cant dispute that todays machines are very impressive, for there size, power & sheer output (i.e lex 600), but for me they dont have the character of the older ranges, only need to look at a late 60's/70's claas product range leaflet, various types, styles & sizes, from small cosmos type machine/medium Consul/medium & large Senators (60/70's & 80 etc) and range topping Doms, with a monster 100 or later 105!!.

As I say, although very impressive,for me a lexion is a lexion, from the smallest to the biggest, comes down to standardization across a range and economics I suppose.

Give me an 85 & 105 chugging round a field in tandom, rather than a couple of 600's any day  ;D  ;D

One of these!!! Go on!!!

This one was in the running when we bought the 78. 78 was tidier, lower houred and fractionally cheaper.

But I would love to trade the 78 for a low houred 98 when the time comes.

They're just so pretty...!!!!!!!!!!! If that's the correct way to describe a german combine?!?!

post-1414-132638694586_thumb.jpg

One of these!!! Go on!!!

This one was in the running when we bought the 78. 78 was tidier, lower houred and fractionally cheaper.

But I would love to trade the 78 for a low houred 98 when the time comes.

They're just so pretty...!!!!!!!!!!! If that's the correct way to describe a german combine?!?!

They can make that after the Senator & early Dominator to complete a nice liitle collection..... ;)

• 1 month later...

dominator would be perfect, we had a Dom 80 from new until 1996, then a 96 from then until 2 weeks ago now waiting for our 98 classic to come home. never had much bother with the dominators and would love to see one in 1/32 :P :P :P

dominator 85 would get my vote because we restored one last summer

Take my hat of to you (even though I dont wear one...), combine restoration is a major job, think it is wonderful that these older machines our still going strong, and as I said (I think?) earlier in this thread, the older Dominators & Senators etc have so much more character than the likes of the Lexions(undoubtably impressive they are, but all clean lines and modern looking!! :-\). Do you use your 85, has it got a cab?, table width, year etc, questions questions...sorry for being nosey, but just love the older claas combines! ;D_

Please U-H cater for our needs re 70's claas combines, I am sure they would be a hit._

• 2 months later...

Dominator 85 has to be my overall favourite combine so one with cab and 15' header would be amazing, especially if UH did it with removable header and trolley...though if there is a plan for a whole series of Claas combines then the Senator should come first - but a 96 or 98 would definitely make a great addition too seeing as how popular they were.