My latest "Hair-Brained" idea... see what you think

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do remember though the tractor would have run on white? and cant be taxed as a agricultural viechelle as is being used in industrial circumstances?

But a very good idea marky would do well with all recycling we have to do :D

why I suggested the powerpack was a good idea Pingu  :) that  and for speed ,versatility etc to be towed behind  a land rover or whatever,guys could collect the machine and bale themselves ?????. Even a lorry complete with hiab for lifting the resultant "bales " of stuff would be an idea

Do remember though the tractor would have run on white? and cant be taxed as a agricultural viechelle as is being used in industrial circumstances?

But a very good idea marky would do well with all recycling we have to do :D

Already onto that one my flippered friend :D;) Even if it could run on red doing that job normally in this case it wouldn't be able to due to the distances the tractor would be travelling

Marky - I spoke to Dan this morning and he said he was baling rubbish! :)  he's on our dealer trip to Holland next week - It would confuse him if I put one of your pictures up in the presentation! :D

Its a good business to get into, my mrs works for a large waste products company - the government pay them grants to run the company, they charge the companies to take it away and then they turn the waste into goods to sell such as bedding, plastic plates, anything really.  What a winner ;D

Sounds like a good idea Marky.

Is it a very quick process? How long does it take to load? Slow travelling between jobs with a tractor? Or would the rubbish be brought to you?

Also it woul d only be a part time job as there wouldn't be business every day? I which case you need a driver with one or 2 days a week to spare!!! :D :D :D :D

Marky - I spoke to Dan this morning and he said he was baling rubbish! :)  he's on our dealer trip to Holland next week - It would confuse him if I put one of your pictures up in the presentation! :D

Its a good business to get into, my mrs works for a large waste products company - the government pay them grants to run the company, they charge the companies to take it away and then they turn the waste into goods to sell such as bedding, plastic plates, anything really.  What a winner ;D

I didn't know you knew Dan... can you get me the deal cheaper then please  ;D:D :D - Put up his pic then... I think I have one of his "builders bum"... send me an email and I'll mail it back to you  ;)

Sounds like a good idea Marky.

Is it a very quick process? How long does it take to load? Slow travelling between jobs with a tractor? Or would the rubbish be brought to you?

Also it woul d only be a part time job as there wouldn't be business every day? I which case you need a driver with one or 2 days a week to spare!!! :D :D :D :D

Indeed Kev... I have a lad who works for me who is an ace tractor driver (the guy who ownes the 3 Masseys)... so if this goes ahead I plan to sit him on the seat on an "as and when" basis - AFTER I've had the first go..... or 3... well 10...  ;D:D :D :D

Have you got any further with the research on the disposal side of things Mark??  :)

I've done a bit Jason... but still some way to go... I've got another meeting today with a waste recycling buddy of mine - Not enough to make a firm decision yet.... seems to be a lot of red tape... although everyone I have spoken to so far seems to be very helpful and pro what we intend to do  :-\

I've done a bit Jason... but still some way to go... I've got another meeting today with a waste recycling buddy of mine - Not enough to make a firm decision yet.... seems to be a lot of red tape... although everyone I have spoken to so far seems to be very helpful and pro what we intend to do  :-\

so thats good then, i think people are more prepared to help if they know your helping the planet ;)

Indeed Kev... I have a lad who works for me who is an ace tractor driver (the guy who ownes the 3 Masseys)... so if this goes ahead I plan to sit him on the seat on an "as and when" basis - AFTER I've had the first go..... or 3... well 10...  ;D:D :D :D

Bugger I was hoping for a job! :D

Well Ladies and Gents... quick update to this topic...

I've bought the baler in the pics.... And I intend to "go for it"  in the recycling game...

The even better news is that I've HAD to order a new 5445  ;D - should get the estimated delivery date tomorrow from the factory... it will be built in Beauvais some time soon  ;D

I got a fairly good deal by placing my order before the end of the month... The prices go up on Feb 1st so I am told  :-\