Lord Ferguson

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

marky

i didn't read the other 9 pages of this post, just the first one so i don't know what was said..........but

buy a hyd porta pack, comes with tank, honda motor, filter remotes etc, build it onto a tandem axle bogie with brakes, and pull it behind fanny

well i red the other 9 pages ha ha!.........good effort marky

we have a 5445 here in stock if you want one

you need a front forklift for the front of the tractor now.......

Loader wuld be a very usefull tool to have on it

I've been thinking about that one Ricky... I'm going to talk to them tomorrow... can't be doing with the droop snoot mind you  :o

Well it does make her a multi tasker then and could go to the extent of baler loaded onto trailer, taken to job site, lifted off used then back onto trailer, baled waste onto trailer also, tractor pulls the lot away

I've just had a juvenile moment ;D

Well............I'd love to see and hear this in action, and I bet you will want to try this one out................how about...................squashing bubble wrap. Just imagine the noise..... ;);D:D :D

Aaaaaand.....you are doing the environment a favour by recycling all the air trapped in the bubble wrap. Mind you, it might be that a sheet of bubble wrap could become a collectors item in years to come. Imagine it...........the year......2100........and you have a sheet of pure pre-CO2 air from 2008. Forget the bottles of Champagne and 200 year old bottles of wine, we're talking of a piece of historical, irreplaceable air. By then people may pay hundreds of pounds for you to burst a bubble so they can "Snort" some 92 year old air.

Cor yeah.

Oh yeah, Marky.........would it work as a wine or cider press, or even do tatties so you could make some potato "Wine" which our Irish friends should have a recipe for. Good stuff it is too.

I am 55 honestly, its just that sometimes I have these flashbacks and juvenile moments.  :D

As you would say,.................I'll get my coat...............Bye!   ;D:)

It's called Poteen ;D ;D ;D

Well.... last Friday I took delivery of this nasty horrid 'thing' ... for making some more bales - I wanted to get some before, during and after pics for my website...

Now I am concious that I'm no oficionado on tractor makes - and my experience could never be described as vast - but having done around 20 miles on the road today in this tractor.. I can safely say that it's only endorsed my love of all things Massey Ferguson  ;D

My main complaints from such limited usage are..

1. The spools don't 'lock in' for constant pumping (thus allowing an open circuit for machines such as my baler... or a log splitter perhaps) - I had to tie it open with baler twine

2. Flat battery this morning... not strictly the tractors fault... I grant you - but a pain none-the-less

3. On the road - it's like a big wobbly jelly... even without 2.5 tonnes of baler on the back - it's like riding a rocking horse

4. The Cr@ppy gearbox - the change is very 'jolty' - Not the smooth change of the MF's

5. The shuttle shifter - it's a switch.. not a clutch - on of off

6. The seat - it moves up and down... and for some strange reason... backwards and forwards (by design !) - adds to the wobbly jelly feeling a treat really..

7. Now this one could be me... but pulling away and shifting up the box - it SOMETIMES would not let me shift up over gear 12... you had to go down to 11... then back up through to 18

8. Egronomics... the shifter/throttle lever are too far away - a little more thought and it could have been closer to the arm rest - makes you arm ache having to lean over for it all the time..

9. Poor hydraulic flow - so much less than a smaller MF I would say - makes the baler run much slower - even at 1100rpm plus..

Anyway... shut up Marky and show us the pics please...

here's 'the thing' next to my car for scale - it's a big'ol lump for sure  :o

DSC_3230.jpg