romney marsh ploughing match

marshman

not meaning to advertise here but my dad me and others are reviving the romney marsh ploughing match its on the 16th match 2008 on John paine farms land in lydd the are going to b around 90 tractors ploughing with 25 confimed trade stands at the moment    hope its ok to post this but if any one want more info ask i will give you my dads number if you need it    also the are room for more ploughmen if anyone wants  we will send you a form  :) :)

not meaning to advertise here but my dad me and others are reviving the romney marsh ploughing match its on the 16th match 2008 on John paine farms land in lydd the are going to b around 90 tractors ploughing with 25 confimed trade stands at the moment    hope its ok to post this but if any one want more info ask i will give you my dads number if you need it    also the are room for more ploughmen if anyone wants  we will send you a form  :) :)

Good on you and your father Marshman. Welcome to the forumn and remember you need to post up pictures of the event once its over!!

let us know where it is please marshman  i know the farm quite well as i used to do land drainage for the late paines (father and son)

ok do you no scotney court (simon ashworths) well its down past the main yard, carry on down the track and its on the left this probley wont help but will post detailed directions very soon :) :)

The start looked good Marky things just seemed to go wrong after that. Never mind you may get a laugh at me ploughing this year. I have used a lift plough many years ago but this year I'm planning to have a go with my farmall Cub and a ransomes trailing plough at our annual local fun working weekend. Never tried a trailing one before so I'll be looking for some "old farmers" there to give me some guidance on setting it up.

The start looked good Marky things just seemed to go wrong after that. Never mind you may get a laugh at me ploughing this year. I have used a lift plough many years ago but this year I'm planning to have a go with my farmall Cub and a ransomes trailing plough at our annual local fun working weekend. Never tried a trailing one before so I'll be looking for some "old farmers" there to give me some guidance on setting it up.

:D :D - well then I have a confession to make...  :-[

The start belongs to a mate of mine... the "slightly curved" bit is mine  :-[

:D :D

Good luck with your ploughing though... we'll expect lots of pictures  ;D

:D :D - well then I have a confession to make...  :-[

The start belongs to a mate of mine... the "slightly curved" bit is mine  :-[

:D :D

Good luck with your ploughing though... we'll expect lots of pictures  ;D

Well I hope I have been able to enlist James T as the official photographer for the event. He was one of the prize winners in the FTF competion this year. As for me well I ain't too hot with the camera but I hope I'm better with the ploughing!! Anyway the whole event is just a fun weekend and no competion or judging.