Deutz - Info Please...

Powerstarâ„¢

I am a bit biased towards all SDF tractors but you might be pleasantly surprised, they are a really good workhorse and in Europe they are a serious rival to Deeres.

I drove my first one 30 years ago when we swapped a MF188 for a Deutz D80 06 and the boss was so impressed he went straight back to the dealer and got a 68 06 to replace the MF165.

They had their problems in the 80's but since SAME took a share they have gone from strength to strength

give it a go, you will love it

robbo

Deutz tractors are becoming more and more popular again here in area (Western Germany), all farmers I spoke to operating them give them best marks regarding quality and reliability only comparable to Johne Deere and Fendt and according to one swapping his International 1455XL against a brand new deutz Agtroton also better than Case/International regarding quality. That's what they told me at least.

Pictures of a very proud farmer which has just swapped his Case against a Deutz see my pictures here http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=20561.15

they seem to be getting more popular round this way luke, they had a stand at the cornwall show ,and i belive the devon one to from speaking to the rep at cornwall show, have a feeling the dealership is somewhere arround oaky way from meory, but for the life of me cant remember

Had 2 on demo when i was working over Glastonbury festival last year and both off them broke down in the first 4 days with different electrical faults someone once said they were a poor man's Massey ferguson  :o :o :o thats seemed harsh at frist but drove one for a morning and just felt cheap and tacky inside compared to the JD 6330 i was driving  ::) ::)

there were a lot of deutz sold round here, no new ones anymore, the dealers now have claas tractors to sell

there are two Mk3 165's just traded on xtx 's down they road, they also took the ttv.........not a fav tractor here

the MK3 115 is considered the best of the agtron round here, got the bugs ironed out, had the big back end and smaller engine, well ballanced, pulled well........last one we had on the yard did 6000hours for a local owner operator contractor over 3 years, he brought a MF7475 in the end because he couldn't get a deutz

we have a contractor here with a MK2 115, MK3 135, and MK3 115??......loves them wouldn't have anything else

we had a MK3 100 in the yard the other day, another customer had a 106?, and one has a 165

they are the sort of machine that goes well, but do have there little quirks and issues with Deutz has managed to iron out of the agtron's over the years, and the ones they build now are great, the cab hasn't changed too much in 10 years, but did it need too........they take a loader well, seen one front axle rebuilt, it was a stack tractor its whole life, seen another mk2 150 break both rear half shafts in the rear axle, it also was a stack tractor with front linkage........the owner never admitted why the 4-1/2 inch axles broke (also if buying from wreckers, there is more then one axle type)

the mechanic i work with has been involved with deutz for years, since the MK1's anyway, once you understand them they are great machines

agroplus's were SDF chassis machines, they were 'finished' by deutz, they had there share of issues, often over sold here, and they had the usual SAME issues, hydrive's, front axle's, hyd pump's, etc, nice tractors just not friends of heavy work and abuse

the true deutz chassis tractors have done well, and i think SAME is lucky to have the IRON..........and i like SAME Tractors

if you get keen on old Deutz, first try looking for spares before you buy one, some there old stuff is getting hard to find parts for now

I had one on demo a few years back and wasn't impressed with the build quality, eveytime I changed gera it felt like the lever was going to come off in my hand :o The chap who wrapped bales behind me last year had a 150 and they don't like it but at the same time they can't change it because although it is only 4 years old it is near worthless as a trade in, no one wants them.

I will say that the Agrotron 260 did pull well though and rode nicely, shame about the quality of finish to everything

• 3 weeks later...

well this is kinda late but im here to defend deutz fahrs.i got two deutz fahr agrotron160s there abit over 160hp my ones are 2007 models brand new  they are colour coded inside to me that doesnt look cheap its like that to help the driver my two deutz's pull 16ton trailers and have no problem pulling them the tractor performance of the deutz's is just as good as my NH Tm190's maybe even better when it comes to silage.my agrotron 160s dont give me any electrical trouble or any engine problems and about them taking alot of diesel fuel my ones dont they seem very fuel effecient.if i had to get more tractors i would get another deutz im very impressed if them.SDF tractors make good strong tractors with  very excellent performance.i had a old neighbour he had  lamborghinis exactly the same but just painted silver he had 4 champion 150s and 1 champion180 he had no complaints with the lambos.he was a formor JD supporter and said he would never go back to JD .his john deeres always gave him gear box troubles and it would be in the shop for the half of his silage harvest.

well this is kinda late but im here to defend deutz fahrs.i got two deutz fahr agrotron160s there abit over 160hp my ones are 2007 models brand new  they are colour coded inside to me that doesnt look cheap its like that to help the driver my two deutz's pull 16ton trailers and have no problem pulling them the tractor performance of the deutz's is just as good as my NH Tm190's maybe even better when it comes to silage.my agrotron 160s dont give me any electrical trouble or any engine problems and about them taking alot of diesel fuel my ones dont they seem very fuel effecient.if i had to get more tractors i would get another deutz im very impressed if them.SDF tractors make good strong tractors with  very excellent performance.i had a old neighbour he had  lamborghinis exactly the same but just painted silver he had 4 champion 150s and 1 champion180 he had no complaints with the lambos.he was a formor JD supporter and said he would never go back to JD .his john deeres always gave him gear box troubles and it would be in the shop for the half of his silage harvest.

YES ,get in ,back of the net , for the real green team :D

not been in a deutz since 1991 / 92  :'( :'( but i know the older stuff was really good , sort of lost their way a bit after that but i see in the bridgewater taunton area they're getting quite popular again

thanks MJB1 the 1991-2s deutz tractor were really reliable have this new neighbour has 6 of those older typed one still uses them there very good workhorses i was helping him bring in hayilage one day with the only problem was that it got a flat tyre.inside its very good even without all the new electronics and things like that found it very comfortable.i would take a deutz fahr anyday instead of a JD or really any other tractor.my deutz's are just as reliable as the older ones.deutz fahrs are very comfortable instead good tractor for when you have to spend hours and hours in a tractor cab very easy to learn and get used to controls and eletronics.steering is very tight and good for the smaller yards.they have good reliablilty and performance like i have said before

looking forward to the pictures of the agrotron150 i was talking to the local deutz dealer and he said hes getting in a agrotron x720 and im looking forward to seeing it in person and i might be able to get it for demo and then i'll probably use it on my 6,000 gallon tanker in the spring time.

looking forward to the pictures of the agrotron150 i was talking to the local deutz dealer and he said hes getting in a agrotron x720 and im looking forward to seeing it in person and i might be able to get it for demo and then i'll probably use it on my 6,000 gallon tanker in the spring time.

in that respect we're already waiting for the photo's :)

ha ha! yes i know FTF members would want to see this big tractor with a big tanker but i cant demo it till it comes in and i cant spread slurry till the snow melts which will be about 3 weeks. i have my camera ready and charged