Claas Tucano 450

Goodhead

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are the outer dividers, have to come off for transport as they slot into the point and also into a tube on the side of the header. A lot of people don't use them, especially wheat growers but I used to in barley crops on the Lexion as they push the standing crop away from the ends of the reel and header stopping a tangled mess from forming in that area ;)

Looks like the divider folds out fron the header, then the larger "cover" (that is above the wheel) sits on top?

I think that's what it could be, a kind of splash board to stop the bulkier crops like beans and rape going up over the top. Either way the machine looks incredible!! Hope we see some more like this, a Lexion Terra-Trac would be nice. Or even some other brands would be good.

In view of the 'available at end of July' comment on the Claas web shop I'll be very interest to see when those we have ordered the Tucano from a source other than Claas receive their models.  All supplies have to first come from Claas.

I'm going into my local Claas dealer next week, I'll ask if they can get them and if they can when.  Does anyone know when Claas close for the annual holidays, if they do close the entire operation, as that may impact delivery as well.

Well, last week I placed an order for a few Tucanos via the Claas web site, so I'll let you know as and when they arrive.

I see that there are a few 'pre-release' versions on ebay.de - what differences there are between these and the 'release' models I don't know...

Anyway... the race is on - who will be the first here to get their Tucano??  ???  ;D

In the mean time my Dominator 98 Classic is almost done... just the cutterbar and decals to go.

/malc.

Just shows how co-ordinated Claas are.............or a case of don't promise the customers waht we might not be able to deliver.  Still wonder if the annual holiday close down is behind the 'End of July' message on the Claas web shop.

Loads of people must be having a look - I saw the first photo and then got '503 Unavailable' when trying to see the others, but looks great all the same - when did you order yours, as soon as it became available on the site?