J.H Ford silage trailers

Fenside MF

Would anyone please have any pics or info on j.h ford silage trailers at all,as I was thinking of maybe buliding two in 1/32.

All I think I know at the moment is that they must be made in East sussex as a few local farmers have them.

;) Cheers Jamie

ive got pics just a sec

as i am in a good mood ive resied them sorry there not great and they dont have the silage sides on  but they do have them

this is off my uncels farm in east sussex and its 9 tonne sprayed in claas colurs becuse he didnt have any of the origanal colour

he also has two 8 tonne blue ones here are the pics

silly question, me not knowing this!, how do the silage sides fit to a trailer??, are the bolted on or do they slide in somewhere??

think marstons are bolted on ,i know one of ours had holes for something along the top of the rim, and was always told t was for silage sides, we bought the other new so it didnt have them

silly question, me not knowing this!, how do the silage sides fit to a trailer??, are the bolted on or do they slide in somewhere??

Yes they were bolted on the J H FORDs and then I welded on another 10" of greedy-board to the far side to bring it up level with the top pivot of the auto-tailgate.

We had some (other makes) 10 tonners run with us sometimes but my trailer (9 tonnes) had noticeably more in it every load as brother noticed pushing them in on the clamp It was something like 120 cubic foot bigger inside from memory. A friend had an 8 tonne one and went over the local weighbridge with 14 tonnes of soil in it one day without any detriment to it.

i know where eastbourne is but not catsfeild my uncels farm is in lewes and i used to live in ardingly

Who is your uncle in Lewes?  My father used to work for Robinson's at Iford (They owned Rise Farm at Lewes where we lived)  Most of the farmland around Lewes was farmed by the Robinsons, Carr's. Piles, (Several families of each) Norris's, David Hole, Harold Stroude of Barcombe, Cornwalls of Barcombe, Monnington's and big land owners like Firle Estates. The only farmer I really had any dealings with at Ardingly was Pritchard Gordon Farms. Back in the good ol' days when i worked for Sussex Tractors.  ;):)

Who is your uncle in Lewes?  My father used to work for Robinson's at Iford (They owned Rise Farm at Lewes where we lived)  Most of the farmland around Lewes was farmed by the Robinsons, Carr's. Piles, (Several families of each) Norris's, David Hole, Harold Stroude of Barcombe, Cornwalls of Barcombe, Monnington's and big land owners like Firle Estates. The only farmer I really had any dealings with at Ardingly was Pritchard Gordon Farms. Back in the good ol' days when i worked for Sussex Tractors.  ;):)

well not right in lewes on the edge in a little village called east chillington!

or did you mean enlarged...?(Please?) Cheers for posting, I'll caption another time: too late tonight other than to say they span about 20 yrs of production/evolution, the one behind the Muir-Hill being one of Johnathan's first-built after he came out of the police and a Gold Duke of Edinburgh award,... "you can take the boy out of the farm, but you can't take the farm out of the boy."