What's your favourite farm related job?

Deere-est

I'm out spreading fertiliser today which is among my most favourite jobs to do on the farm. Spring days, sun warming the cab glass, moving round the farm field by field, left alone to get on with the job. . . That's what ranks it among my favourites. Along with rolling pasture, ploughing stubble, dung cart and fencing if there are a couple of you.

So what's your favourite and why? Add a pic too if you can. I'll add mine later.

:)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, chance for me to get all gooey again about spring and summer...

Rolling grass...

Rolling2.jpg

Haymaking

J24SStackingF8.jpg

Combining & corn carting..

Dominator85.jpg

7810Fraser10Tmono.jpg

TS115Fraser10TRangeRover.jpg

Baling straw

TS115JD5802.jpg

Autumn ploughing...

TS115LemkenDL1102.jpg

And hedgetrimming but I can't find a picture of that at the mo...

For me it has to be cutting grass with my International Farmall Cub and midmounted mower. It is just so nice to listen to the noise of the finger bar mower and hear the tractor govenor kick in when the going gets tough.

Um the only real one i've properly been involved with but harvest by miles, is great working as a unit and in the sun it can be a good laugh.

I also love topping and working in greenhouses or working with a team with plants or mantienence around places like nurserys. With a small powered tractor of course  :)

My favorite job always was and still is ploughing. Really nice to see nice straight furrows standing neatly with no trash showing. A true work of art that unfortunately, with the advent of minimal cultivations, is dying out.  :(

My favorite job always was and still is ploughing. Really nice to see nice straight furrows standing neatly with no trash showing. A true work of art that unfortunately, with the advent of minimal cultivations, is dying out.  :(

It'll Be back in favour sooner rather than later the way that things are going these days with all the rain

So Simon your one of those who has the white side showing on your BFG  ::) ::)::);D ;D

I didn't shell out all that money for people to think they were a cheap copy !!! :D :D

That being said, the boots on the old Landy at the mo are some kind of welsh remould, so from one extreme to the other!  ;)

Muck spreading for me, just get a real drive to get the job done, that and having to work the gears with 15 tonnes of muck behind sounds gorgeous. Probably followed by topping as I like to take a real pride in my work on my contracts as that's what gets me more work. Then followed by grain running......love the road work and flashing lights! :P:);)