What's your favourite farm related job?

Deere-est

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muck spreading is good especially when were in a team like we have been as of late, 2/3 spreaders flying round soon gets the job done and stops the job getting monotonous! Any road haulage I like, the bigger the better, 40ft artic's full of bales, carting silage great fun. Hedge cutting is another fave of mine, I take great pride in that or try at least, got myself quite abit of work from that over the last 2 years both large and small contracts :) :)

really enjoy ploughing but love road work, muck leading etc ;D field work like power harrowing gets boring after a few hrs, dont mind pressing, were my dad works go slow but when i help out i go faster, its then said it makes a better job! then remarks say its for younger lads as the old school dont like bumpy rides ::)  at 28 i dont class myself as young anymore ;)

Mines got to be......

chopping silage trailed machine chopping maize with a mex 5 and rev drive valmet  ;D ;D

ploughing,muck spreading ,tanking spec with 3000 gal tanker and a 185/65 fastrac

and umbilical spreading that gets a bit boring but you just leave the tractor in bottom gear and go for a walk

shallow injecting was a totaly different pace that keeps you busy

rolling :P i like it when people say "ooo that field looks nice"  ;D

raking silage  :)

and carting silage as its a mix of slow and fast work  :) slow next to the forager and put your foot down as you get on the main road  ;D

i like hedge cutting only done about 4 days of it though so my view could change  ;):D and on the slurry tank  :) its better when there is 2-3 of you at it as its quicker  :)

enjoy havest season, the combine is good but i prefer the carting grain to the store. flat rolling grass can be boring... but love the stripes on the field!! liften bales on the summer nights.... i enjoy ploughing but i havn't tried it before myself.. but who knows maybe this year :)

also enjoy redding up around the yard, putting hay, straw, silage to the cattle.

pretty much anything to do with the industry :D

Chopping maze with a two row header on a nh 719 and pullin the trailer .Ploughing.chain harrowing getting nice straight lines and alternating the headland bouts.And back in the day turning/rowing up with an acrobat .And of course trimming (getting the hang of it now  ::)) anything to do with a tractor really  ;D

Combining is probably my favourite, but I do enjoy ploughing especially when everything is the land is just right.

I like drilling too as you have to make a good job as you don't see the errors for a couple of weeks.... :)

enjoy havest season, the combine is good but i prefer the carting grain to the store. flat rolling grass can be boring... but love the stripes on the field!! liften bales on the summer nights.... i enjoy ploughing but i havn't tried it before myself.. but who knows maybe this year :)

also enjoy redding up around the yard, putting hay, straw, silage to the cattle.

pretty much anything to do with the industry :D

your right matty i rolled 220 acres in my easter hols last year and boy was i glad to see it finished :D;)

Topping, cutting grass for hay and silage and ploughing. It's really nice to look back at the end of the day and see what you have done. Fertiliser spreading is ok, but quite rewarding when you look at the fields from the other side of the valley and there aren't any stripes. (Misses)

One of my other favourite jobs was baling with a small square baler. I love the rythmic sound of the ram and knotters working. I used to use a New Holland 268 baler with a Browns accumulator behind a cabless Ford 3000. A lovely combination. Hot summer days without a shirt on. GREAT.  ;):) :) :) :)

I like hauling silage,maize,wholecrop the best, road work and working in a team flying past each other and that. I also don't mind stacking conventional bales by hand or with a flat 8, spent many a hour in the late evning summer sun, stood on top a trailer pulled by the Ford 6640 or Ford 3000, admiring the view, and the sound of the Welger AP clunking away  ;D

And then obviously, tedding,raking and draying in bales.  :)

My favourite job has got to combining, especially when its a nice day with a good standing crop so its all going well and i dont have to get off my backside much!!  Driving the chopper was good fun too but having to orgainise the blokes on the trailers and clamp takes the fun out the job!

Other favourites at other times of year are fert spinning, mowing, drilling in good conditions and cultivating in front of the drill with the old simba spring tine to finish off the seed bed back in the days when we still ploughed.  Cant stand doing road work these days as it always seems rough and full of hassle!